Monday, April 19, 2010

29 weeks

This blog has turned into a way for me to note various milestones and memories to later transfer into Chase's baby book (please tell me why I bought a baby book that requires you to enter achievements each week for the first 52 weeks!  I haven't updated the actual book since December!).  Because of this, let me rattle off a bit of info for my recollection later on:

Chase is sitting up better.  He gets a big smile on his face when he sits up.  I think he loves the change of scenery from up high!  He likes being pulled into a standing position and he LOVES to bounce.  He does however refuse to roll over.  He has no interest whatsoever in moving around...yet.

He can pick things up lying beside him and he can easily pass items from hand to hand.

On the food front, we've tried rice cereal, sweet potatoes, carrots, avocados, peas, and squash.  I think his favorites by far have been sweet potatoes and squash (they taste very similar to me).  He wasn't liking his peas for a while, but then I realized he didn't like the texture of the peas I made him.  I thought I could skip the straining step of making the peas - WRONG.  It made all the difference in the world.  Once I strained them, he loved them!  I think it's almost time to move on to some fruits - apples, pears, and bananas.

His eyes look like they may begin changing colors.  They are still primarily blue, but have a bit of hazel/gold in the middle.  Also, as you can tell in his pictures, he's been entering a chubby phase lately.  His cheeks, his chins, his thighs...just more to love!  Hopefully though when he starts moving around some (if he ever starts feeling like it!), he'll get a little less round! :)

His favorite toys lately include his jingly taggie soccer ball, anything on his exersaucers, and his plastic keys.  I was also very proud of little Chase on Saturday when he stood up to his cousin who is 12 months older.  Chase had the plastic keys in his hand and Gray came by and wanted them.  Gray took a swipe at them and Chase wouldn't let go!  Gray came back a few minutes later and tried again and caught Chase off guard and then finally got the keys himself!  It was very funny to see them interact.

Picture time-


No comments: