Tuesday, June 8, 2010

36 weeks

The 36th week came in like a lion and went out like a lamb!  Lambs are so much cooler than lions! :)  It took until late Thursday before Chase started feeling better from the ear infection, and now he's back to his old self!  I hope we won't have to go back to the doctor until his 9 month checkup early next month!  We've been racking up co-pays like crazy around here lately!!


 So what's up with Chase this week? 

Hmm, he started baby oatmeal yesterday for the first time and we are now just beginning to start giving him 3 solid meals a day.  With the increase in solids, I'm back to being totally confused on how much he should be getting in formula.  Back in the old days (one month ago), he would routinely take an 8 ounce bottle every 3 hours and drink every last drop and still fuss when it was done.  That was on top of his fruit in the afternoon and his veggies in the evening.  About two or so weeks ago, I've noticed that his appetite for formula is much less.  I'll fix an 8 ounce bottle and he'll drink only 4 to 6 ounces.  We have thrown out a ton of formula lately!  I'm not sure if I've increased his solids more than I thought or if since he's not growing as fast anymore, he's just not as hungry. So now I'm going back down to 6 ounce bottles (except for his morning bottle...he loves that one!) and experimenting with the spacing out of his meals.  I have to tell you - I'm not the hugest fan of being responsible for another human being's meals.  I'm never sure if I'm feeding him too much or too little!  Such pressure!

For the rest of the post, I'll be incorporating pictures into the latest happenings...

He's chomping on his tongue more...
 
...and as a result making lots of silly faces.  This isn't really silly, but it's as silly as I caught on camera!

He's gone back to eating his hands again.  I know I've said this a million times, but I think he's starting to teethe again!  I mean, he's 8 months old now.  Surely it's going to happen soon?!  I thought I noticed where his lower gums were a bit puffy looking the other day, so maybe...but again I've said that lots of times! :)


He's still not crawling, but he really wants to!  He just rolls from his belly to his back over and over again, but doesn't manage to go anywhere!

Here's one of his new favorite things that started a week or so ago.  For a while there he loved holding his own bottle.  Lately, he wants you to hold it for him again.  He decided he has better things to do with his hands than hold a stinking bottle...like grabbing daddy's nose!

He just loves Weezie more and more.  Weezie is far more interesting to Chase than either mommy or daddy! Weezie has a love/hate relationship with Chase.  She loves Chase, but hates his fingers because sometimes his fingers like to pinch her!  Not fun.

Can't you just see Weezie signaling us for help?

We bought a little baby pool for Chase over the weekend.  He loves it.  It took him a while to get used to the cool water, but he just loved splashing around! 

No story here, just thought this picture was cute!

No comments: