It's one of my favorite times of the week (update the blog time), except this week I have a bit of writer's block, so we'll see how I do. Because of my writer's block this may all just come out random and unorganized but I need to just get it all out so I can remember!
We've had a good fun (healthy!) week. Can't complain about that!
37 weeks!
One fun thing he does is he clicks his tongue. I'm not sure if that's exactly what to call it, but he makes this clicking sound as he's moving his tongue all around. I think it's super cute, so I usually "click" back at him.
He's still doing really well sleeping through the night. During our sick weeks, it got a little rough, but for the most part, once he goes to bed he stays there until 6:00am or so and then comes to the bed with me so we can all get an additional hour all cuddled up. Also during the time he was sick, I got in the habit of taking naps during the day with him in our bed to help calm him down and get him to rest. Then later on I did that when I was desperate to get him to nap. Now, I think he wants to do that more and more! So, I think he's starting to get a bit spoiled. I'm a bit torn because I know he needs to have good sleep habits to save us a lot of drama in the future, but it's so easy to get him to nap when I snuggle him up beside me (plus it's my favorite part of the day...gosh, I'm so sad!). So, this is something I'm totally aware of and need to fix sooner rather than later!
As mentioned last Thursday, he's officially teething!! I noticed on Saturday that his cheeks have been bright red. I was a little nervous he was getting sick again because he usually gets bright red cheeks when he has a very high fever. Per a Google search this afternoon, Drew and I learned that red cheeks could be a sign of teething, so I think that's exactly what that was. He had the red cheeks again today, and I noticed the tooth is slowly coming through. Here's a picture. If you want to see if you can see his tooth, click for the larger version.
Still no words. I think I'm hearing some "ga-ga"s so maybe something soon. But mostly he just speaks in gibberish and ooh's and whoo's. I just love when he speaks though!
One funny thing that happened today - Drew and Chase came by and picked me up for lunch today. When we were at the restaurant I noticed that everytime Drew picked up his glass and drank from it, Chase started laughing. It was hilarious! He kind of smiled when I did it, but he really thought it was funny when Drew drank from the glass. Sometimes you just wonder what he's thinking!
On Sunday, Drew, Chase and I went to Pump-it-Up for the first time for first nephew Parker's 4th birthday! I still remember where I was when he was born (in Atlanta stuck at training!), but strangely it seems it's been more than 4 years. It's like he and his crazy curly hair have always been with us. Anyways, we had so much fun. I'm surprised to tell you how scared I was of the big slide and how terribly embarrassing it is to be lapped by 4 year olds on the little obstacle course. Drew took Chase down the big slide on his lap. Chase remained emotionless during the actual sliding but afterwards he was kicking his legs like he wanted more. I think he went down an additional 2 times. Here's a picture after the first slide down:
For the rest of the post, I'll post pictures..
Here are some alternate weekly pictures. The first one is cute (him playing with his foot), but I was playing around with my camera settings and the picture is grainy. The second one is cute, but I show you this because I'm thinking this is the face of a future troublemaker! He looks up to no good!
The next few pictures are also from today (I usually only use my camera on Monday's now!). He's playing with his (partially inflated Weeble Wooble).
This is him playing with his Silly Town!
The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment