Wednesday, June 23, 2010

38 weeks

Chase is now 38 weeks old!  The weeks have just been flying by way too quickly.


Some of the latest happenings:

The teeth are coming, the teeth are coming!!  Chase is full-on teething now.  His first one is now fully through the gum (and it's sharp!) and now it has a little buddy coming through right next to it (it started coming through on June 18th - I know you don't care about that, but I need to document this all someday!).  Chase has moments where he is so fussy because of what I imagine to be pain from teething.  We've been giving him teething tablets very consistently lately.  They seem to do the trick which is good!

Still not crawling, but SO close.  I mean, SO close that it's ridiculous!  Drew is convinced that Chase will stand up before he crawls.  Chase is getting great at pulling up on our hands to stand up.  He just plants his feet on the ground and lifts up!  He gets a little stuck when pulling up on other things around our house, but I believe at daycare they said he pulled himself up on a little chair and then proceeded to get scared when he realized he didn't know how to sit down!

Still no words, but Drew heard da-da like sounds coming from Chase this afternoon.  I think it went more like ga-da, so maybe he'll put two of the same sound together soon.  I hope it's ma-ma though, but my real wish would be that I'd be present when it first happens! :)

Yesterday as Drew took Chase to the highchair for dinner, Chase reached his hand up and put his fingers in Drew's nostrils.  This is not a new occurrence.  What is new is that Chase must have really dug his fingers into Drew's nose and he must have torn something because all of a sudden Drew was in intense pain and blood was starting to pour out of his nose!  It was so gross!

That's all for now, I believe.  Next Monday Chase will be 9 months old!  How is that possible?!  Will have all the latest stats next time!

No comments: