I couldn't decide which weekly picture to post this week. Both were cute.
(if you notice the pictures look different this week, there are two reasons: 1) I've used nearly half my storage capacity on blogger, so I'm experimenting with smaller picture sizes (I went REALLY small this week) and 2) I used photoshop to do a quick edit on some. They don't look all that great, but I just wanted to play around.
Ok, lots of stuff has happened this week, so let me start documenting!
In no particular order:
- Chase surprised us by sitting up on his own this week! On Friday night he was crying in his room, I walked in there and he was sitting in his crib all dreary eyed! It was extremely strange walking in there and him not lying down!
- I caught him standing up on Saturday! I was in the computer room organizing all 23GB of pictures on my computer (not an exaggeration...I'm a picture hoarder. I have a problem!). Chase was a little quiet so I turned around and he was standing up next to his little toy. He pulled himself up on it and he was just standing there rocking and jiggling in place. The irony is I didn't have my camera with me at the time to capture another 100MB of pictures.
- Chase earned a new nickname this week. The Ghost Whisperer. He tends to breathe through his mouth a lot, but now that he's kind of mumbling, sometimes when you look over at him, it's like he's telling quiet secrets to no one. It's kind of creepy and a lot funny!
-Almost immediately after I posted last week, Chase found one of his new favorite things to do - sticking out his tongue. I've even seen him crawl across the floor with his tongue hanging out. It's like he's pretending to be Weezie! :)
- Also beginning recently, he sleeps on his stomach. I'm having a hard time getting used to this one. I try rolling him back over, but then he quickly and almost violently flips himself back over. Not only does he sleep on his stomach, but sometimes I see him sleeping with his nose buried in his sheet. He's just living a little too on the edge for me! Now that he's sleeping on his stomach, Drew and I check on him every hour or so while we're still awake to see if he's breathing. I know it's dumb, but I can't help it!
Umm, yes we went into his room when he was sleeping and took a flash picture. What about it? :)
- It's amazing how quickly mobility sneaks up on you! Just two weeks ago he began rolling. Then last week he was rolling about 80% and army crawling about 20%. Now he's 90% arming crawling and only 10% rolling. And he's fast! And he has a knack for speed crawling towards the one thing in the room we don't want him to crawl towards (e.g. fireplace, dog toys, dog water bowl, dog leash, mini-blinds, diet coke cans, etc).
In crawling position. That poor elbow is going to be calloused soon!
Can we say "handful"?
- Drew and I went to eat lunch on Friday at Dixie Cafe. It was a slightly strange experience. Our waitress was slow as Christmas and complained to us about how a guy got impatient waiting for a drink and left the restaurant and stiffed her (hmm, wonder why??). As we were trying to entertain ourselves waiting for our waitress, we gave Chase a little bit of Drew's green beans. I cut them up really small and gave them to him. He loved them and he chewed them up really well! Also, you can tell I was really bored when I let Drew give him a little of the roll we had at our table. Wheat is a controversial first food. I think the general rule is after 8 months, but some people wait far longer than than because of gluten allergies. I knew there was a little wheat in his puffs, so I figured it probably wouldn't be terrible. Drew gave him a little bite and he LOVED it! He chewed on it a little bit and then started opening his mouth wide and making whiny squealing noises until we gave him another bite! He's definitely a chip off the old blocks (mommy and daddy) if he's addicted to the carbs! No issues with the wheat that we noticed, so I guess maybe I can introduce more breads in the coming months.
Also, the other strange experience at Dixie. Oh my goodness...one of the waitresses came up to us as we were trying to leave asking if she could hold Chase. I begrudgingly said yes as I was giving Drew a look. She sat with him on her lap for a good 5 minutes (it felt longer than that though) and gave him weird lingering kisses on his neck and smelled his neck and head. IT. WAS. WEIRD! Drew and I just politely laughed and tried to somehow figure out a way to get our child back. Will this keep us from going back to Dixie in the future? Heck no! The rolls are too good! But we may not bring Chase back with us.
Some other cute pictures from the week:
Chase's new favorite way to be held by Daddy!





No comments:
Post a Comment