Saturday, December 18, 2010

Left Field!

Today has been a big day in language development in our house.  Chase is running around surprising us every time he opens his mouth!

Chase has been saying "Mama" a ton over the past few weeks.  "Dada" has come back into his vocabulary recently too and he's saying that a lot now.  This morning as he was running in circles through the kitchen, dining room, entry way, and living room and as Drew was saying to him "I have to go go" over and over again, Chase was saying "ive-go-go-go".  It's very funny.

Then as Drew was taking the recycling to the recycling center, I was upstairs with Chase in his "playroom"/future bedroom.  He has a bucket full of old toys that aren't his favorites anymore that keep him entertained the few times he's upstairs.  We were trying to give each toy equal opportunity to be played with.  I reached over for Elmo which has dying batteries and barely laughs when you tickle him anymore, and I tell Chase "Elmo?", and sure enough he says back "elllm".  I'm sitting there puzzled if I heard what I think I heard.  I say "Elmo????" again, and I hear back a very distinct "El-mo".  What???  That Elmo has been sitting in in the bottom of that bucket for 5 months and we haven't mentioned Elmo's name in ages.  Since Drew was gone and his cell phone was dead, I ran around following Chase with my cell phone recording him for 30 minutes repeating the word "Elmo" over and over again.  That wasn't exactly on my agenda today, but so be it!  He never said it clearly on video.  I'll try again soon!

I knew words would be coming soon, but I wasn't expecting that!

Here's a taste of how I was embarrassing myself this afternoon -

No comments: