Santa didn't drop off his presents by the Christmas tree this year, instead they were all upstairs. Santa redecorated Chase's playroom upstairs with a new play table, a bookcase, and a rug. And so Santa didn't get a reputation in our house for giving "lame" presents, he also gave Chase a play tent and snacks.
About to head upstairs
All the reorganizing of the room made Chase bee line to his old toys - totally ignoring his new stuff!
Discovering the tunnel! He took to this very quickly!
Actually using the play table for a car! Notice his green "bracelet". He loves carrying around this green ring!

Emptying out his bookcase
After checking out all of Santa's presents, we all headed to Nini and Papa's house to exchange presents. Here is where the camera clicking ends. I got one pitiful picture before all the madness of the day started. Here you go! Here he is playing with his little ornaments (he favored the gold ones) while checking out his new firetruck.
One other thing to note in this picture is that we dressed him in the shoes that Uncle Justin, Aunt Liz, and buddy Walter gave him for his birthday. They are these cute little squeaky shoes. All day as Chase took a step, we would hear a "squeak". It always made me smile...plus I always knew where he was! I have since learned that you can take the squeaker out when you need to be a little less noticeable. Nice to know we have options!
About 3 hours later we head to Gigi and Pawpaw's house to open some more presents and then eat lunch. We had to make a pit stop back to our house on the way there to get some medicine. Chase woke up on Christmas morning with a nasty cough. Throughout the morning, you could tell he wasn't feeling very well. By lunchtime with the skipped nap and the illness, he was just a pitiful sight. While things were kind of slow, I tried to get a picture of us. Poor thing couldn't muster a smile!
This picture is actually from today. I'm keeping the Christmas tree up until Chase feels better and we can take a family picture in front of the tree. Since I was getting antsy to take a picture of anything in front of the tree, I made Weezie pose for me. She was a little less than thrilled.











No comments:
Post a Comment