We had our official 15 month well-baby visit on Friday. The visit was rather uneventful until Drew's car wouldn't start afterwards, which led to a 4 hour ordeal of going to the convenience store to get a Coke. We poured that over the battery to no avail. Then Drew's dad met Drew in the parking lot of the pediatrician to jump his car. Drew got all the way across the street before his car died again. Then they determined it was the alternator. Papa brought Drew back to our house (Drew and I drove separate cars thankfully, so Chase and I were comfortable at home during all of this!). The tow truck was called and dropped the car off at the repair shop. By 9am this morning, his car was as good as new! I would like to thank Chase's grandfathers, both Pawpaw and Papa, for their help. We'd probably still have a broke down car if it wasn't for you!
Anyway, onto the stats.
15 month stats:
Weight: 27 lbs 4 oz (80th percentile) - up 3 lb 4 oz from 12 month checkup
Length: 32" (75th percentile) - 0.5" longer than month 12
Head: 47.5cm (50th percentile) - 1cm larger than month 12
Chase had three vaccinations during our visit. He was pretty ticked off about that.
At the beginning of the appointment, the nurse usually asks questions such as what's he eating, how much is he eating, is he doing this, is he doing that. Well, one of the questions she asked was "Is he pointing at body parts?". This one threw me for a loop. I asked, "his own body parts?". She looked at me a little funny and said yes. I told her no, but then immediately followed it up by saying we don't go over that. It's not Chase's fault he doesn't point to (his own) body parts! I wish I would get emails or something that told me what I need to be practicing with him - some sort of toddler at-home curriculum. We've been too busy playing with basketballs, puzzles, and watching Fresh Beats to go over body parts! Gosh! I can't even get him to sit still for one page of a book, let alone teach him to point to his nose. Oh well, I'm trying to not let that comment bother me. Dr. Owen said Chase was perfect, to which I agree.
In other news, as of 3 days ago, no more bottles are being used in our house. I'm happy about this because those bottles were starting to look ragged.
In case I don't post again by Monday, I'm doing my snow dance for a significant amount of snowfall tomorrow night and wishing my Tigers the best of luck in the national championship game on Monday night! War Eagle!
No comments:
Post a Comment