Saturday, February 12, 2011

16 1/2 months!

Time for a mid-month update!

Chase has been doing lots of funny things lately that I figured I should update you on.

- Bathtime now is like being on the front row of a Gallagher show.  But instead of watermelon guts flying towards you, Chase is now slapping the water so hard throughout the entire bath that it flies out of the bathtub.  I often have to drape the plastic shower curtain over my lap to be partially protected.  He thinks it's hilarious.  He must definitely take after Drew on that front.  When I was little (and bigger), I hated getting water in my face for fear it would get in my eyes or nose.  He loves it.

- Another bathtime oddity - Chase loves to take the wash cloth and suck on it.  He dunks it in the water so it's soaked, then he brings it up to his mouth and starts sucking the water out of the wash cloth.  It's very strange, but he seems to enjoy it.  He just smiles at us when he's doing it!

 - He's recently discovered mini waffles and thinks they are fantastic.  But his absolute favorite thing recently is garlic hummus.  If he refuses to eat his chicken for dinner, all you have to do is dip it in the hummus and he eats every bite.  He would eat it straight out of the container if you let him...although I would too!


- It's almost time for another haircut! I started thinking that it's going to get pricy to keep him well-groomed!  If we get his haircut every month and a half, we'll be spending more on his hair than mine in a year (granted, I'm lazy and only get mine cut every 6 months!).

- He now loves brooms.  Whenever he finds one around the house, he now walks the entire downstairs floor with it.  When it gets caught on a chair or something and he can't move it any further, he starts pitching a fit.  We think it's because he thinks the chair must be telling him "no", which he doesn't like!  By the way, I don't say "no" to him anymore.  I just say "leave it".  Less tears that way.

Since I don't clean ever, I figure I should encourage the behavior you see below.



- Ever since Chase has had the "flu", he's been the best sleeper ever!!  He now naps like a champ for several hours at a time and he goes down at night easier than ever and stays asleep the entire night as well!  I'm not sure what is causing this.  Maybe the teething pain and ear pain from the past few months is now all finally gone, so maybe this is what "normal" is.  Whatever it is, I hope it continues.  He's been the perfect little toddler lately!

- He stomps and takes silly little steps!  When walking now, he oftentimes takes short, little silly steps. It's particularly funny when we put the squeakers back in his shoes, because you just hear constant squeaking when he is pacing the floors.  Even when he is standing in place, he is still moving his feet up and down!  We always giggle at this because we can't figure out why he does it!

- He likes to "kiss" our dishwasher.  He also likes to kiss us when we ask politely.  He'll gently move his forehead towards us to "kiss" us.  He once gave Drew an open mouth kiss.  I was jealous.

- Also, I mention this for Drew, so we can always remember this, but we just love how when Chase is super happy and walking around, he swings his arms to the front of him and then to the back of him, and then back to the front and then to the back, and on and on.  It's just so precious to watch him be so full of joy!

- I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but he is excellent at getting off of chairs, beds, sofas, etc that he is sitting on!  He has perfected the slow, reverse crawl necessary to do this and slowly stretching one foot down until he touches the ground!

- He's had a small goose-egg on his forehead this past week.  He fell in our dining room last weekend and that resulted in his first ever goose-egg.  Hopefully the bruise will go away soon!

No comments: