Chase is now 17 months old! He is just such a sweet child. When I ask him to give me hugs, he'll walk over to me and gently place his head on mine and then just sit with me and cuddle. Love! Love! Love!
When I tried to take pictures on Monday night, I was solo since Drew was in class and had a hard time trying to get him to look at me. I bribed with snacks, toys, funny noises...not much of anything worked!
17 Month Stats:
Unofficial weight: 28.4 lbs
Clothing size: same as last month
Shoe size: same as last month
Diaper size: Size 4
Favorite toy: He loves his police car and moving the steering wheel back and forth. He also likes to remove things from a container and put them back. For example, in the mornings and evenings, he likes to totally unload his diaper changing organizer and place all of those items in his Diaper Champ (i.e. diaper pail). Then he unloads the items from the top of the Diaper Champ and puts them back in the diaper organizer. He does the same thing with his book shelves, Drew's DVD basket, etc.
Favorite foods: Hummus, popsicles, yogurt, oranges.
Least favorite foods: At times he gets tired of foods when we overdo it. At this moment that includes bananas and grilled cheese.
Words: No change. I'm bracing myself for the first official mention of "speech delay" next month. We've already talked to our pediatrician about it. I'm not really sure what the next steps are, although we do have an appointment with another doctor to check hearing and such next week. I know I had similar delays when I was younger, so maybe it's just a genetic thing. Maybe I don't talk to him enough after I get home from work! Lots of mom guilt on this one.
Teeth: No new teeth - a total of 12. His four canines should be coming in any month now.
Tricks: He loves to turn the water on in our bathtub in the master bathroom and then stick his hand under the flowing water. The hot water faucet is his favorite. ::Sigh:: To counteract this, I took the handle off the hot water faucet to make it a little harder to turn. That worked for about a day. I have to watch him like a hawk!
Some of the latest happenings:
- He loves crayons. He loves to color with them and he loves to take them out of the package and put them back in the package. He loves to put them in his mouth and taste them. He loves to have the mother of all tantrums when I tell him "No" to putting crayons in his mouth. He loves to have a tantum when he just touches the crayon to his cheek and I shake my head "No". He loves crayons.
- I don't know if I've ever mentioned this before, but we think Chase is going to be a lefty. That is the hand and leg he tends to favor the past several months.
- Chase LOVES to walk to the mailbox with daddy. He also really wants to continue walking out into the street. He really hates when daddy pulls him back.
- Chase is starting to show more interest in books. He still doesn't want us reading them to him, but he likes to look at the pictures now. I also considered myself "Mother of the Year" last week when all he wanted to do in the morning was look at his books, and I kept pulling him away to get dressed and rushed out the door. That was one of the few times he really showed a great interest and I was pulling him away. More mom guilt.
- He's starting to "play" more with Weezie. Weezie might call it torture though. While Weezie is lying peacefully on the couch, Chase will notice her and go over to her and grab her face and lay on top of her. When she's outside and she comes to the back door to come inside, he'll go over to the window and bang on the window and stare at her. She hates that! :)







1 comment:
We think he is awesome also. He is such a sweet boy!
Post a Comment