If I gave you 20 guesses on what Chase did this weekend, you would probably never guess.
He weaned himself from his pacifier!!
Yes, my Chase...the one child that is rarely seen without his pacifier.
Surprisingly, it was not my decision. It was not Drew's decision. It was all Chase's doing!
He went to bed on Friday night loving his pacifier as always. He woke up on Saturday wanting nothing to do with it.
At first I thought it was a fluke. I kept handing it to him throughout the day Saturday, but he would just spit it out the moment it touched his lips. We tried each of the 10+ paci's he has in the house. He wanted none of them! He even didn't take one at daycare today. The teacher said he kept spitting it back out like he does at home!
We are just shocked! Happy, but shocked! Bedtime and naptime have been a little bit more of a struggle since the paci's are gone, but it's getting better each day. Going out in public has gotten a little more interesting now that we don't have much to keep him quiet anymore if he gets in a fussy mood. I guess I will need to start keeping goldfish in my bag all the time!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment