Yesterday Chase turned 19 months old! When I came home from work, I had the world's worst headache so I made Drew take a monthly picture.
They turned out lovely! Ha!
Unofficial weight: 30.5 lbs
Clothing size: 18-24 month and 2T sizes. We still fit him in his 18 month size jammies.
Shoe size: same shoes as last month. Last month I said his foot was the size of my iPhone. Now, he's about a half a big toe longer than my iPhone! I bought his Easter shoes in a size 7 thinking they would be huge and he could wear them all summer. They fit like a glove!
Diaper size: Size 4; but I just bought a package of size 5's for his overnight diaper!
Favorite toy: He likes looking at his various books and his books that sing songs. He likes to empty out his big toy bucket and then put everything back in the bucket...and then do it all over again!
Favorite foods: He still loves the same old stuff. We figured out he doesn't really like juice...he'll favor water if we give him an option. Milk trumps both though. He went crazy for mashed potatoes at Easter. He would live on Sister Schubert rolls if we let him.
Least favorite foods: Green beans. He feeds those to Weezie.
Words: No new super clear words. When we asking him to say things, he'll mimic the initial sound, like a Wuh or a Shu, but nothing clear. I thought he said a very unclear "I love you" yesterday after I said it over and over again, but I could have just been wanting to hear it! :)
Teeth: No new teeth.
Daily Routine: I don't know if I've done this in a while. Chase wakes up around 6:30 each morning. He'll drink a cup of milk while watching TV or roaming around the bathroom while I get ready. After I get him dressed, I give him another small snack while I load up the car. We then head to school. We usually get there around 8 or so, but sometimes it varies a lot! At school, he takes a nap from around 12 to 2. We're also down to one nap a day at home, which can be nice when he takes a long nap, but can be bad if he decides to capnap in the car for 15 minutes and then he refuses to sleep the rest of the day! Chase gets picked up at school around 5 each day by either me or Drew (mostly Drew) depending on each other's schedules. Dinner at 5:30 or 6. I'm usually home by 6 or 6:30. TV and running around the house time until 7:30 and then bedtime with a cup of milk, sleepsack, sleep sheep, and Scout (it's very much a routine). Bedtime has been a little challenging lately as he's sometimes been waking up around 11pm and just screaming. Or he'll wake up and want to party for about 2 hours. If that's the case, he comes into the big bed with me and Drew goes upstairs. Not ideal, but we all get some sleep!
Other stuff he's up to:
- My favorite new thing is that he will give little hugs and kisses. He's a little stingy with them, but when he gives them they are awesome. Initially, he was giving big open mouth kisses, but now he closes his lips and plants one right on your lips! :) You have to watch out though, because sometimes he will bite you on the mouth!
- There is one word that the daycare teachers always say when we pick him up in the afternoons. They always describe him as "goofy". He's always making them laugh, like he does us!
- I oftentimes put his snacks in a little plastic drinking cup. He now likes to try to "drink" his snacks. He lifts the cup like he's drinking and then eats the snack out of the cup. My favorite moment was when we had a tornado warning go off this past week. We were in the bathtub together and he had a cup of Kix cereal. He lifted the cup up, ate some Kix, and when he lowered the cup he had like 5 Kix "balls" stuck to his lips. So cute!
- He laughs and laughs when you tell Weezie "no, no".
- His middle name must be Danger! Several months ago he started to love to climb. Lately though, he wants to climb window sills, dressers, and bookcases. He also wants to dive off the sides and backs of sofas. Oh dear!
- He's a little dancer! The way he dances is he twists his body just a little bit back and forth, but he'll also shake his head like he's saying "no" over and over again. Anytime you play a song he kind of likes on the iPod or one of his toys, he'll do this. I also noticed one day when in the car that when I sing the alphabet song (the only song I know apparently) he waves his arms out in front of him! I would love to be a fly on the wall at school and see why he does that!
- Chase can run! We love the sounds of his little footsteps as he plods across the house!


No comments:
Post a Comment