Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I had a terrific Mother's Day on Sunday!  I woke up around 7 when Drew brought Chase in to see me.  I almost had to instantly pop out of bed to see part one of my gift - a clean kitchen, living room, and hearth room!  See, I had to get out of bed to see it ASAP because Chase already had eyes on it.  He can't stand seeing things in a proper place! :)

My big Mother's Day gift was my Kindle!  I've been pining for one of these for about 5 months now, after I rediscovered reading during my Christmas break and after a good 10 year break from "required" reading in high school and college.  I instantly purchased the new Tina Fey book, which 50+ pages into it is pretty hilarious!

Anyways, our first stop that morning was to Drew's parents house for brunch #1 and then our second stop was to the Spring Creek Ranch for brunch #2.  Chase had fun playing with his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins for a good part of the day!

One of my favorite moments of the day though was after brunch #2 when we were at Sherrie's house and Grayson, who is supposed to be napping upstairs, shouts from his crib, "Happy Mother's Day!".  So sweet!!

Although my Kindle is pretty cool, just being Chase's mom is the best gift. 

No comments: