Chase is going to have a baby brother!!
We found out on Tuesday at our gender scan. The appointment was at 3:15. I got there a smidge after 3:00 because my client site is very close by. I checked in, did my regular business, and then they called me back at 3:08! I kept trying to tell the lady that Drew wasn't there yet and we couldn't begin. She then continued to squirt the gel on my belly and said they would show him back when he got there. I was sending panicked text messages to Drew the entire time, who was apparently caught by every red light from school to the doctor's office. Drew finally got there about 3 or 4 minutes after we started. Whew!
Baby was moving all around during the ultrasound, but also yawning and rubbing his face. She said he was wearing himself out because he was moving so much! Considering I was up until 3am the night before working, I told her she could blame that on me!
Everything checked out great. He has all the body parts and organs that he is supposed to. His little femur bone is one inch long. He had a 7 inch diameter belly. And a little wee-wee that showed itself when she wasn't even looking for it! I knew what I saw the moment she passed by it! Drew did not. I remember he had a very confused look on his face when she stopped on that area and said "look what I see!".
Baby gave us some great pictures, typical to what he normally has given us in the past. Chase, on the other hand, never gave us any good ultrasound pictures! Good thing he's so cute and sweet now!
I'm so excited to finally know what we are expecting! It makes everything about 300% more "real". Also, my belly "popped" this week so I think I finally officially look pregnant, even though people who haven't known I was pregnant have been pointing out my stomach to me for the past 3 weeks! With this new belly comes with not being able to sleep on my stomach anymore (drats!) and back and hip pain. The back pain is also exaggerated by the amount of time I've been spending on my computer lately. Luckily, I only have another week and one day of long work hours and then I can start working a "normal" 45 to 50 hours a week again! Blah!
We have some names picked out, but they change based on the day. I was calling the baby Clay on Tuesday and now it's changed to Cooper. Who know what it may be next week!? Drew and I are having a hard time agreeing on it this time around. Chase's name was easy. I don't even remember talking about it. He was just always "Chase Henry".
Anyways, we are very excited and I'm so looking forward to our new little boy. Weezie and I will be the only "ladies" in the house.


No comments:
Post a Comment