Monday, January 23, 2012

35 weeks

Last Friday, I was officially 35 weeks pregnant.  Here's a little side by side picture of Chase and Cooper in belly.


I'm now about 35 1/2 weeks pregnant and I believe starting tomorrow have 30 days left til my due date!

That is just unbelievable!

I'm trying to just soak up the present and these last remaining weeks of being a family of 3.  That's a little hard when working busy season hours, but I'm trying my darndest.  Speaking of work, I now have less than 4 weeks left!  Yay!!

I haven't weighed myself in a good week or so.  I think I'm to the point where I'm no longer curious to see my weight because I know it's above a certain amount and I just don't want to see the numbers!  The joys of pregnancy that I've been blessed with lately are incredible heartburn (with Chase I had heartburn the ENTIRE 9 months...with Cooper I've just recently been getting hit pretty hard), swelling feet and ankles (I had to buy cheap Target shoes this weekend a size larger than normal just so my feet would fit in shoes at 7pm), back pain from sitting all day, and random hours of insomnia throughout the week (I catch up on a lot of DVR between 3 and 5am!).

Even with all of that though, I do love being pregnant! But unless we win the lottery in the next 2 years, this will be the last I experience this, so I'm just relishing in all of these random side-effects of growing a baby!

I still have the platelet issue, but my doctor doesn't seem all that concerned because my platelet levels have been stable over the past month.  She is going to check them again at 37 weeks.  If they drop significantly, we will have the option of inducing early so that I can guarantee at least the option of having an epidural (which is a nice option to have). 

We are getting a little more prepared for Cooper's arrival weekend by weekend.  I finally packed Cooper's stuff in a hospital bag, but our bag is still void of my and Drew's stuff.  Chase doesn't have a overnight bag started either.  We put up the pack n' play in our room over the weekend, but the infant car seat is still sitting in a corner of the garage.  I have Cooper's newborn clothes washed, but they are back in a Rubbermaid bin waiting for Chase to be officially moved upstairs.  I think it's just harder to get ready for #2 because you are just much busier with life and taking care of #1!

No comments: