I only have another 2 1/2 weeks until the new kid on the block is due to make his entrance. The whole uncertainty of the timing has me a little on edge to say the least!
Apparently I didn't take weekly pictures of my belly with Chase this late in the game last time, so I don't have any comparisons!
Starting last week, my doctor began checking my dialation and effacement. At 36 weeks, I was between 1 and 2 cm dialated and 40% effaced, baby was head down, and up high. At 37 weeks, I was 2 cm dialated and 50% effaced, baby was still head down, but lower. These are similar numbers to when I was pregnant with Chase. We also started talking about an induction date if Cooper doesn't come on his own. I am thinking about February 28th, because I just don't think I could handle a February 29th birthday and a March baby just seems so unusual since I've been thinking February this whole time! My doctor does think I'll go on my own though and earlier than my due date, but she also said that last time! :)
My doctor keeps talking about how this labor will be shorter than with Chase. With Chase, from the beginning of the induction to the end, it took 11 hours. One of my baby books said that second babies come about 4 hours sooner. That would mean if I was induced again, Cooper would be here around 1pm. I know you can't plan anything about a birth, but that freaks me out for some reason!
I can tell that my body is getting ready for this birth suddenly. Between 36 weeks and 37 weeks, I have been able to tell a big difference in how my hips and joints feel and how Cooper is definitely lower than last week. I definitely sit down and get back up like a big ol' pregnant woman right now! Also, since my 37 week exam, I've been have lots of Braxton Hicks contractions which sometimes are so tight that I can barely breathe! I'm also paranoid that my water is breaking about 5 times a day! I just hope to God that doesn't happen when I'm in public anywhere!
To help me get some of my nesting urges out, my Mom came over on Saturday to help me purge the house and pick things up off the floor (since bending over is not my strong suit right now!). We didn't tackle a ton of rooms, but somehow just reorganizing some cabinets and straightening a few rooms, we managed to fill up an entire outside trash can! I'm hoping I have another two or three weekends to be able to knock out even more of this!
We have also finally installed the infant car seat in both of our cars. Check! The next immediate task on the list is to finish packing all our bags for the big day. Cooper is done. I'm about halfway done. And Drew and Chase haven't started!

No comments:
Post a Comment