Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cooper - 7 weeks

A recap of Cooper's 7th week...
 
We've finally developed a bit of a routine this week and that has made life easier.  Cooper is ready for bed around 10pm each night.  I stay up another 30 minutes to finish watching my Bravo shows and then we are both asleep.  He wakes up twice each night to eat...usually around 2:30 and 5:30, but then usually quickly goes back to sleep.  My dream scenario is that he goes back to sleep after the 5am feeding and stays asleep until 8am so I don't have to carry him around as I'm getting Chase ready in the morning.  A majority of the time that is how it works, but those other mornings are tough and filled with lots of screaming, crying boys!

Drew and I love infant gas drops.  It's strange that we never even knew what they were when Chase was a baby, but if we lose that bottle of drops nowadays we freak out and have a frantic search for them!  They instantly calm Cooper down and reset his mood or at the very least give us some quiet for 5 minutes. We love them!!

Cooper still spits up all the time so we do a load of just burp cloths in the laundry nearly every day.  In fact, I think our washing machine just runs constantly now.

This week Cooper started his social smiles for daddy and momma.  We don't necessarily have to play and touch all over his face to make him smile now...although we still do.

His poor hair has been falling out like crazy.  Right now the hair on the sides of head is mostly gone.  This is because he sleeps on his side.  The hair on the top of his head is starting to slowly thin out as well.  I'm thinking his coloring will be much like his brothers, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for dark brown hair!  Good news though is that the baby acne is almost entirely gone!

No comments: