A recap of Cooper's 9th week...
Cooper loves to be sung to. Since I don't know a lot of lyrics to a lot of songs, he gets sung some doozies. I sing a lot of Christmas songs (Jingle Bells, Silent Night) and preschool songs (ABC, Twinkle Twinkle, Doggie in the Window - Lyrics changed to Cooper in the Window though!). He also loves Zou Bisou Bisou a la Mad Men! :)
He is still waking up twice a night to eat, giving us about 3 to 4 hour stretches of sleep at night. Overall some days are great and some days are not so fantastic. We are having more great days than bad, but there are some days that he just won't nap easily and he cries all the time unless he is eating! Those are the days where it is a blessing and curse that your nursing (blessing because it's easy to sooth him; curse because you can't delegate!)
I just learned yesterday that I have to go out of town for work for 3 nights in the middle of June. I won't technically be back at work then (returning with a reduced workload in July), but there is a required training I need to attend and the location of the training is within driving distance that week. If I delayed the training until July I would have to fly and I do not want to do that - especially after hearing all the horror stories about nursing moms going through airport security. No thanks. Anyways, I'm already dreading this and I don't know if I can handle it! I didn't leave Chase until he was past one year old. I'm going to be an absolute mess as the time gets closer!
Today we had our 2 month well baby visit. Cooper's weight skyrocketed since my last weight check with him (that or my scale has always been wrong)! He had his first vaccinations this visit which he wasn't too keen on. He shed actual tears after the shots, but I think he felt more betrayed by us than hurt by the shots!
2 Month Stats:
Weight: 11 lb 13 oz (50th percentile) - up 2 lb 10 oz from 2 week checkup
Length: 24" (80th percentile) - 2" longer than week 2
Head: 40.5cm (60th percentile) - 2.5cm bigger than week 2




No comments:
Post a Comment