Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cooper - 4 Months

Here's a humungo picture for you!
 4 Months:

Unofficial Weight: 14 pounds, 13 ounces
Diaper Size: Size 2
Clothes: 3-6 month clothes
Hair/Eyes: Hair still appears to be brown.  If you asked Drew, he would say Cooper's eyes are hazel, but Drew is a weirdo about eye color.  Cooper's eyes are still mainly blue, but turning more hazel in the middle each month.
Favorite toy: The little toys on top of the Exersaucer, Daddy (tossing him in the air), Momma (entertaining him in ways that do not involve tossing in the air)
Favorite food:  Milk and his fists
Typical daily schedule: The bedtime routine now starts at 8:30 with his last (maybe) feeding of the night and then being swaddled and put in the RNP or the crib.  On the good nights, he'll sleep until maybe 4:30 before stirring.  After eating he'll usually sleep more until his brother comes downstairs and wakes him up (around 6:30 or 7).  He takes one 2 to 3 hour nap in the middle of the day.  He still eats a lot, thus the 2 pound weight gain this month! I now feel stupid that I was ever worried that he didn't gain hardly any weight his first month!

He talks a lot.  He drools a lot.  He smiles and laughs a lot (I'm funnier than daddy to him...I'll cherish that while I can!).  He doesn't have as much fussiness as he used to, but he still has his moments!  He doesn't have much patience - when he wants food, he wants it NOW!  He must have had some sort of growth spurt this past month because this boy is BIG now!  When I place him in the RNP, the bouncer, the swing, or the changing table, he almost appears too big for them with his long legs!  Before I know it, he'll be sitting up and eating my delicious (?) sweet potato mush.

 
 
 

Update!
 
Here's an update since we had Cooper's well-baby visit on July 2.  The biggest revelation was that my home scale sucks and Cooper weighed in at almost 10 ounces less at the pediatricians office.  Also he's in the 35% percentile for weight which is surprising because he literally eats all day!  I'm sure this will change when he starts daycare in a couple of weeks and takes big 5oz bottles.  He also got his second dose of vaccinations.

This will also be the doctor's appointment that Cooper will never let his parents live down.  We took Chase with us to the doctor's appointment to finally test whether he has a peanut allergy.  We let Chase eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup while Cooper got his shots and another little painful procedure.  Sorry kid!  FYI - Chase is not allergic to peanuts.

4 Month Stats:
Weight:  14 lb 5 oz (35th percentile) - up 2 lb 8 oz from 2 month checkup
Length: 25.5" (70th percentile) - 1.5" longer than month 2
Head: 43cm (70th percentile) - 2.5cm bigger than month 2


 Post shots


No comments: