Friday, June 15, 2012

Cooper - 15 weeks

A recap of Cooper's 15th week...

This week a stomach virus finally cleared out of our house after about 2 weeks and Cooper was the only one unaffected.  Thank goodness!

Cooper started sleeping in his own room his week.  He's still sleeping in his Rock N' Play, but now he's in his own room instead of ours.  Because of this, I'm now getting Drew to check in on him every 20 minutes to see if he's still breathing.  Please remind me of this paranoia if I ever think I want more children!  He's sleeping longer as well, usually wanting to eat maybe around 4 or 5 in the morning....and then every hour after that (so some things haven't changed!).

Cooper loves his hands and feet now and will even grab on to his legs and feet.  He also likes to reach out for our faces.  I managed to let him pull my glasses off one day.  He was totally confused by what his hands were doing!

The boy is cooing and talking a ton!  He likes to "talk" when I'm singing to him.

Cooper ended his 15th week in Nashville with Drew and I since I had to come here for a work training.  Tuesday morning was rather eventful after Drew dropped me off around 9:30.  He started preparing a bottle for Cooper as soon as they got back, but Cooper had no patience for the milk to warm up.  Around 10:30 or so, Drew is texting me that Cooper won't eat and that he wouldn't calm down.  In his head he was imagining every feeding for the rest of the week to be like this so he began cussing out my employer and was convinced that Avent had conspired to make the bottle nipples incorrectly.  After some swaddling and strategic pacifier usage, Cooper finally calmed down a little and began eating about 30 minutes later.  Thank goodness!

Cooper did not necessarily like the car ride to Nashville.  Where our trip should have normally taken 3 hours, it ended up taking close to 5 hours (even with no traffic!).  He wanted to eat once around the middle of the trip and he didn't like riding on the interstate.  He would fuss and cry so we'd exit the interstate and then he'd immediately calm down.  We'd then think he was okay so we'd get back on the interstate and then he would cry again.  Thankfully he slept the last 45 minutes of the trip!

No comments: