Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cooper - 24 weeks

A recap of Cooper's 24th week...
This week Cooper had a cold and a rash that allowed him to visit the doctor's office a couple of different times.  Thankfully it was no big deal.  At the doctor's office we learned that Cooper weighs 16 pounds.

Cooper is beginning to spit, blow bubbles, and suck on his lower lip.  Precious.

Cooper's sleeping goes in cycles as to whether it is great, tolerable, or completely annoying.  This week might have been considered annoying and amazing.  He currently goes to sleep around 7:30, but this week for almost 5 days straight would wake up at 11pm ON THE DOT.  For various reasons, when Cooper wakes up from about 11 to midnight, it's just inconvenient for both Drew and I, so the fact he did it for so many days in a row just became funny after while.  Also this week, besides wanting to eat at 11, he'd also want to eat at 3, and then again in the early morning.  I think sleeping in 2 to 3 hour stretches is becoming completely normal!

One interesting thing that I've noticed since returning to work is that I no longer wake up to the baby monitors at night.  I have always been a fairly light sleeper and was always the first one to wake up to the monitor and then start kicking Drew to go check on whichever kid was making noise.  Now that responsibility has fallen completely on Drew since I am apparently in another world when I sleep.  Drew is also a heavy sleeper so I'm starting to wonder how long Cooper may be crying before we (Drew) responds!

No comments: