Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our favorite milestone yet!

Chase turned 11 weeks old last night.  For his 11 week birthday, HE gave US a present.  He slept 9 continuous hours last night!!!!!  I have a couple of people to thank for this achievement.

First - Chase.  Thanks!  Last night was awesome.  Keep it up!  Especially when your daddy will be home with us for the next two weeks.  He needs the sleep.

Second - Dr. Karp.  He's the author of Happiest Baby on the Block, and he has made our lives a lot easier since last Friday.  I haven't actually read his book, but I did see the highlights on a YouTube video.  :)  He talks about the 5 S's to calm a baby to help them go to sleep - swaddling, side position, shushing, swinging, and sucking.  We had pretty much been doing all of the steps all along except for the swaddling.  Chase initially hates the swaddle, but the following 4 S's calm him down and now his flailing arms don't wake him up anymore.  Dr. Karp says that when you follow these steps you can buy yourself an additional 1 to 3 hours of sleep.  I'm a believer!!  Since beginning this on Friday, he takes only 10 or so minutes to put down at night and he's been sleeping at least 5 to 6 hours in a row.

Third - My sister Sherrie for buying us the awesome SwaddleMe that we are currently using! 

Now, on to the pictures...



And a couple of cute faces...

2 comments:

Chase's Nini said...

I LOVE this blog! Of course he is the happiest baby on the block - and the cutest....

Claire Gillentine said...

so cute!!! love him! Cannot wait to meet him!