Thursday, March 25, 2010

25

Sorry this post is later than normal this week.  My only excuse is that work has been crazy and I'm dog tired by the time Chase gets to bed around 8.  I can't count the number of times I've gone to bed since I've returned to work with my contacts in, teeth unbrushed, and face unwashed...sometimes I don't even have enough energy to change into my pajamas.  It's just awful!  Don't even get me started on the number of times I've gone to work with my hair unwashed...something UNHEARD OF pre-Chase!

Anyway, Chase is now 25 weeks old.  This past week, we've slowly been introducing formula to Chase.  I have mixed emotions about ending nursing after 6 months.  At the beginning, it was just awful, but it got a lot easier after about a month or so.  Now, it's such a part of my routine, that I think I'm going to miss it when it's over.  But, the time commitment to continue is just becoming a little too great and now just seems like a good time move on and to phase in formula.  Also, solids start this Saturday!  I'm hoping all these dietary changes don't totally hurt his poor stomach!  I'm also not looking forward to the changes soon to come in his diapers (I know! I know!  Too much information.  But I got a preview of the diapers to come when babysitting our youngest nephew and it was not pretty...lol!!).

Speaking of diapers, we've now moved to size 2-3 Swaddlers.  Another sign that he's not a little baby anymore - size 2-3 is as large as our beloved Swaddlers go!  We've got another 5 pounds before Drew and I have serious talks about what diaper we will become loyal to next! :)

We don't have any significant milestones to report this week and we don't have many pictures from this week either.  The reason for that is we just bought a brand new video camera.  Oh boy - it's fancy!  It's high-def and has a huge hard drive, so we can record at anytime without having to worry about taping over anything or running out of room!  We need to find some time to figure out how to upload the video to the computer, so you can all see Chase's first bites of cereal from Saturday!  I'm just a little too excited about this rice cereal!

Picture time!


Chase is now starting to show small signs of beginning to sit up.  We are still probably a good month or so away.

Coming up in my post next week - my adventures in making homemade baby food!

No comments: