Monday, March 15, 2010

Twenty-four weeks and a Miracle!

I CAN.NOT.BELIEVE we are already at 24 weeks!  Chase is just growing up so fast.

It's been another busy week in our household.  Just moments after I posted the blog last Monday, a stomach virus swept through our house.  Drew got his chance first and he was ill through Tuesday night.  I knew around noon that Tuesday, that I was coming down with it, but it didn't really hit me until Tuesday night.  It took me through Thursday night before I came out of my funk.  But a miracle occurred!  Somehow even with our nasty germs all over the house, Chase remained perfectly healthy!  We washed our hands almost constantly last week, but even so, I can't believe that he didn't pick up that virus somehow.  I'm so, so, so thankful!  I want to give big thanks to my mom for helping get Chase to daycare on Wednesday and Thursday when I was barely able to leave the bed!

Chase's latest favorite things include:
1) His feet - He started liking his feet about 2 weeks ago.  Now, when he is lying on his back, more than likely I will see his legs sticking in the air and his hands trying to grab them in an effort to get those feet near his mouth!

2) Spitting and sucking his lower lip- This is something that started about a week ago.  Chase loves to spit now.  This isn't like spitting across the room or anything, but he puckers his lips together and then you hear the distinctive sound of spit coming out of his mouth.  This has the potential of getting old pretty quick, but right now we find it ridiculous and funny - especially when we are driving in the car and hear that distinctive sound no less than 5 times on a simple drive to Target!  He's also started sucking on his lower lip - which is so cute!  I must snap a picture of this soon!

3) Anything that isn't his - Chase is getting to that stage where whatever someone has in their hands is interesting to him.  A remote control, a glass of water, a tissue - it doesn't matter!  If he sees it in your hands, his eyes are tracking it and his arms are reaching for it.  I'm afraid I might have influenced him to like something that isn't healthy.  He is OBSESSED with my Diet Coke cans.  He LOVES them.  He reaches out for those silly cans and if I humor him and let him grab on, he tries to move the can to his mouth so he can suck the bottom.  At first, I kind of found this hilarious.  Now, I'm beginning to think, it's a little scary!

Picture time...

No comments: