Monday, March 8, 2010

23!

It's been another eventful week! 

Chase had his second ear infection last Thursday (same ear - the right one).  We probably should have known something was up when he woke up at 1 and 3am the night before (since he usually is a terrific night sleeper), but again we got a phone call from the daycare saying his temperature was 100.5  Our regular doctor doesn't work on Thursday, so we visited with a lady doctor in another office.  I think Chase was smitten.  He was smiling at her and giving her googlie eyes.  I can admit it...I was jealous! :)  One of his teachers at daycare said that Chase loves the girls as much as his milk - and that is saying A LOT! 

The experience of giving him the pink medicine is different now that he has gotten a little bit older.  For one, he thinks the syringe is now a play toy.  I have to fight him from grabbing it and pulling it away when I'm giving him the medicine.  Also, I don't know if there is a difference in the taste in the Walgreens brand vs. Kroger brand of pink stuff, but he likes to spit the Kroger pink stuff out!  I think he has spit out at least a third of the medicine I've given him! I don't know if he thinks it's gross or if he's just playing.  I'm just hoping he's getting and keeping enough down!

Over the past week (besides rolling over!- see previous post), we've noticed that Chase has been talking more around others (not just us), enjoying bathtime much more (kicking his feet and splashing water all over!), and laughing more and more.  I will have to create another post when I get more time about some of the things that make him laugh (usually silly songs we make up based on the tune's of popular songs).

Pictures from the week...




Not the happiest face in the world, but looking like a big boy in his Batman shirt and jeans

No comments: