Good news though - we (except healthy as a horse Drew) are all on antibiotics and on the mend, work is about to slow down, I've got my two remaining weeks of maternity leave scheduled for the end of May, and Chase is cuter than ever!
31 weeks!! Before I know it, I'll be having to start trying to find invitations for his first birthday!
Some things to note this week:
- Chase is developing little lobster claws. Since he's exploring everything around him, his fingers are constantly grasping (and pinching!) for anything within reach. Drew and I often get caught in the cross fires.
- Chase moved to the "big boy" side of the room at daycare this week. We think it was mainly due to lots of new little babies on the other side of the room, so Chase was the next in line for promotion. I've also been bringing food for Chase to have at school for breakfast- pears and apples thus far.
- I'm afraid Chase is lazy - a trait he picked up from both his mother and father. He has no interest in crawling or rolling over to his belly (which by the way I haven't yet seen). When I place him on his belly to try to crawl, he almost immediately rolls over and starts playing with whatever else is around him.
- He loves peek-a-boo. He will have the biggest belly laughs when we duck beside the bed or changing table and pop up and surprise him. Most of the time, poor thing, he literally jumps because he's so surprised.
- He got scared of "mirror-mama". After each bathtime, Drew wraps Chase up in a towel and then they stare at themselves in a mirror and they laugh. Tonight, I came up in the background and started dancing around and making silly faces. Chase cried! Drew turned him around so he could see the real me and then he smiled again. Too funny!
We've had to resort to putting the sign above him because of this...
Sorry no other pictures this week (because of the aforementioned week). I hope to be back on my game in the coming weeks.
On a side note - Mom, I changed my blog layout just so you could read it again! Happy Mother's Day! :)
1 comment:
Thanks!!
Post a Comment