Saturday, May 1, 2010

7 months

Chase turned 7 months old on Wednesday!

This past month has just flown by and Chase just seems so huge now!  The fact that he can sit up on his own for the most part now is just amazing.  We're in a great phase right now where he can sit on his own and remain happy (studying anything within his reach) while Drew and I can do other things in the room (rather than having to hold him and keep him entertained). We are trying to really enjoy this time before he starts crawling around and we lose that freedom!

Some of our stats for the month:

7 month unofficial weight: 19 pounds
Clothing size: In "going out" clothes he wears 6-12 months, but we still put him in some 3-6 month pajamas.  They are getting a little snug though.
Diaper size: Still Pampers size 2/3
Eyes: Still blue
Hair: Getting blonder
Favorite toy: Yellow bear head, keys, and Sophie
Favorite household items: TIVO remote, phones, calculator, and laptops!
Favorite foods: Applesauce, Sweet Potatoes, and Squash
Least favorite food:  This isn't really a food, but we tried to give him a sippy cup today with formula. NOT HAVING IT!  It just made him angry.

Chase had a big milestone the other day.  2 hours before he turned 7 months old, he rolled over from back to belly.  Neither Drew or I saw it!  I was having an awful day at work, which got even worse because I got a call from the daycare that morning that said Chase had been crying all morning and that no one was able to calm him down.  We had suspecting he was teething, so I just told them someone would be there as soon as possible to pick him up (because what else was I suppose to say - "ok, and...?").  I couldn't leave work so I had to call Drew to get him.  Drew left work to go pick Chase up.  I believe when he got to the daycare, Drew heard Chase screaming from outside the nursery.  When he walked in the door they were putting Orajel on his gums and he almost instantly quit crying (why they didn't try that earlier, I will never know!).  Since Drew had already left work, he just picked Chase up and took him home.  That afternoon, Drew had Chase lying on his back under the activity mat.  He had turned around to do something and when he looked back at Chase, he had turned over!!  I think he did see him turnover again shortly after.  I still haven't.  I've missed both rollover milestones!  Oh well.  I better be there for his first steps and first word.  And on that topic, I think all Chase hears me say now is "Mama".  He thinks I'm crazy!

I've been very negligent in taking pictures this week (no official "7 month" picture!! what's wrong with me??).  In fact, I've only managed to take two pictures all week, besides the "weekly" pictures.  I thought I had taken a couple more but there was no memory card in my camera (and darn it, because there were some good ones!).

Here's a picture of him with his teething toy.  I gave it to him for the first time on Thursday.  He thought it was awesome.  Also notice the Tivo remote.  My ID badge from work is also in his lap.  He liked pulling the badge from my pants and letting is snap back and then pulling it back, etc, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

7 months! It's hard to believe he's so big. I LOVE this blog!!!!!
Nini