First (and most importantly), Chase said "mama" on Sunday morning!! It may have been more like "mah-mahm", and he's only said it 3 times in a short period of time and hasn't yet said it again, but it very much counts. I started crying instantly! It was the most wonderful thing I'd ever heard! I very much look forward to hearing him say it again soon!
I think the reason he's not speaking very much right now is because he's focusing every last bit of energy on MOVING! So last week he began army crawling. Well that's been mastered and now he's showing interest in crawling on his knees, but he hasn't really figured that out yet. He can now officially pull himself up on anything and he's showing the very smallest abilities in cruising alongside the things he's pulling up on!
Drew and I really need to take a trip to Babies R Us and buy some baby proofing stuff STAT!
Here's a picture from last Wednesday when this whole "pulling up on things" was new! Now it's old news and I don't take pictures anymore! :)
What else has been going on this week?
Chase is no longer a vegetarian. I gave him a little bit of chicken torn off my sandwich on Saturday. He thought it was strange, but ate it!
His crib is now bumperless. After me walking in his room too many times and seeing his face smushed against the bumper, it was removed. It makes his bed look a little institutional now and not as cozy, but as my nephew would say - SAFETY FIRST! Also, we don't keep the baby monitor on top of his crib anymore because twice last week we woke up with him playing with the cord in his crib. That's now been moved on the other side of the room!
Chase went swimming again this weekend but this time with his buddy Walter. I didn't get any cute pictures of them together, but here are pictures of us with Chase (separately).
Chase has piano skills. I didn't get any pictures of this, but on Sunday Chase played the piano at Nini and Papa's house! It was precious and didn't sound half bad.
We got our family portait back from our photographer last week! I ordered the large picture you see below with the frame and several other individual prints from the session. They all turned out so cute! The hardest part is trying to figure out where to put everything!
Lastly, here are some cute pictures that caught my eye as I was reviewing pictures from the past week.
Finally caught the lip suck with my camera!
Weezie politely asking if we could please put Chase to bed so he'll stop crawling after her and poking her!

No comments:
Post a Comment