Another great week! Lots of new adventures!
44 weeks
Here's what's new this week:
- He drank a full bottle's worth of milk from a sippy cup yesterday! Something finally clicked with him about how those work and he quickly downed the milk. We're going to try to keep up the practice on a daily basis until he gets to be 1 (and we build up our sippy cup supply!)
- He tried some new foods this week. Mangos and french fries. Unfortunately, the first time I gave him mangos it was like 3oz of mangos to 2 oz of yogurt and apparently that was a little too "concentrated" for Chase. Poor thing gagged. The next day I gave him one ounce of mango to 3 ozs of yogurt and that was much easier for him to swallow! Then Drew and I ate Backyard Burgers this weekend. Chase was just STARING at me eating my french fries (as was Weezie) so I tore him off a tiny end and let him eat it (I also tore Weezie an end off too!). He thought it was tasty and he kept staring at me until the french fries were gone.
- He took a fun trip sitting IN the shopping cart at the grocery store this weekend. Normally when we go to the grocery store we bring along the stroller. I push the baby, Drew pushes the groceries. It was becoming a little too much, so we bought a shopping cart cover and used it at the grocery store this weekend. Chase was having a ball! Normally in the stroller he just kind of zones out, but this time he was looking around, starting at the ceiling, reaching backwards for stuff in the cart, and reaching out for things on the shelves. It was really cute. I wish I actually knew how to use my cell phone because I would have taken a picture.
- We've got a bed jumper on our hands! We've walked into his room several times this week to find him standing in his crib jumping in his bed. I guess I always thought that was a taught skill, but I guess it's just something fun that everyone just knows how to do!
Also, there are a couple of other things I think I meant to put in his 43 week or 10 month post, but escaped me at the time of posting:
-Our baby is a drooler! This is probably most definitely related to his top tooth coming in right now, but when he sleeps now, he will wake up in puddles of drool. It's funny and gross!
- We've never really let Chase watch too much TV before, but he's starting to get into it a little. In the early evening, we usually put something on for about 15 minutes (it's about all we can stand) and let Chase watch it if he wants to. He has a standout favorite so far. The kind of annoying, but kind of catchy Fresh Beats Band. I would rather watch Yo Gabba Gabba, however it doesn't come on at the right time. But Chase will just smile through entire scenes of watching Fresh Beats.
- Chase is a budding musician. Between singing "mama" (as shown in the video last week), banging on our glass top coffee table (obviously purchased prior to babies becoming a reality), and Chase playing the piano, he might be a little artist. Here's a picture Drew took on his cell phone of him playing piano at his great-grandmother's.
Here are some other pictures from the week:
Stray foot (precious)
Post-bath, cleaned up boy (with annoying Kim G. from Real
Housewives in the background :) )
Cheese!
First time wearing big boy (18 month)
pajamas! Loved them!





No comments:
Post a Comment