Without further ado, I present the 45th week...
This week we've noticed that Chase is crawling on his knees now a majority of the time. He's fast and into everything! It's so funny how quickly he progresses. Just last Monday (before last...don't want to confuse because I'm posting so late!) he was going from an army crawl to a "scoot and drag" where he was crawling with his hands on the ground while dragging his body along on one of his hips. Now's he doing just a normal baby crawl!
He's now the oldest kid in his daycare class. The two girls have now graduated to the 1 year class. It's a totally different experience dropping him off in the morning now. Now when I drop him off in the morning, he immediately crawls to other kids in the class and totally ignores me!! It makes me sad. Drew says I'm embarrassing him in front of his friends. One morning this week he pulled up on a little girl's crib and just stared at her while bouncing up and down. I bent down for a final goodbye kiss and he totally brushed me off. When I looked back into the room as I was walking out, it seemed like there was a little party around Chase. I felt left out! :*(
Also last week when I dropped Chase off, Ms. Betty had asked "Chase has had Cherrios, right?". He hadn't, but I told her if he's eyeing someone's Cherrios to please let him have some. Apparently, he'd been swiping other kids Cherrios at snack time. Ha! Since then, that has been his go to snack. He will shovel those things into his mouth (with about 50% accuracy) as quickly as he can! Weezie gets the other 50% that make it on the floor or in the high chair seat.
Other new foods this week include new toddler yogurt (YoToddler instead of YoBaby) and pasta. I have to admit that the YoToddler was purchased on a total accident. I thought it was YoBaby. There's been a kind of YoBaby drought at all the grocery stores lately and I was super excited to find it at SuperTarget this past weekend. I saw what I thought was apple yogurt so I bought it. When I got home it was YoToddler yogurt. At first I was freaked out thinking Chase wasn't ready for that (he's not a Toddler), but then I realized he's now almost 10 1/2 months old, so he could most definitely have it. It's just a thicker yogurt with some fruit on the bottom. He loved it...of course! What he didn't love was the pasta. He thought it was weird. First off, he refused to touch it. I guess it was too slimy for him. Second, he thought the texture was weird. He munched on maybe 3 little pasta noodles and then he started pitching a fit! Maybe I'll try again in a month or so.
I think there are some other things about this week that I want to write about, but I can't remember right now. I'll do a follow-up post if I need to write more. I'll leave you with some cute pictures from the week.






No comments:
Post a Comment