Friday, September 17, 2010

50 weeks

50 weeks.  I think I say this every week, but gosh, where has the time gone?  Everything is happening so fast!  I felt I just breezed through the past 20 to 30 weeks!  Luckily this blog has come in handy for remembering all that we've experienced the past 10 months (thankfully I did keep his baby book up to date back then so I do know what happened the first 8 weeks!).


As much as I love them, I'm kind of glad these weekly photoshoots are coming to an end.  They are getting dangerous on the couch.  Two seconds after you place him down, he's trying to crawl off the couch!  Next week we are going to try to turn the TV on to see if it distracts him into sitting still longer.

I don't know if I just don't have much to report this week, or maybe because I'm posting this late, but I feel like I've already forgotten about everything.  It's been a bad week...between food poisoning, work, hormones, birthday party planning, and now Drew's grandma breaking her hip, I've got too much on my mind.  Also this week, they told me Chase is scheduled to begin his test week in the 1 year old room week after next!  I almost started crying as soon as she said that!  Once he enters that room, he'll sleep on a mat...on the floor.  What???  He's never ever ever slept on the floor.  He's never even passed out on the floor during tummy time or anything.  I'm expecting a cranky, tired baby by the time Drew picks him up in the afternoon.  Also, no more bottles and no more formula...and he has to wear shoes!  Gosh, that'll be a miracle to find shoes he can't take off!

Too many changes!  Too quickly!  I'm just trying to process the fact that he's almost one without bursting into tears.  Then add in the fact that we're about to leave Ms. Bettie and the rest of the crew and it almost kills me!

Ok, enough with the sobbing because my baby's growing up (until next week). 

So I guess this week, he's getting more confident in standing up all by himself.  Every once in a while he'll let go and stand totally on his own for several seconds.  Then he realizes what he's doing and plops straight back down on the floor.  He's making strong walking motions with his baby walker, so I think it's just a matter of confidence and he's going to be off to the races!

He's a big mover at daycare.  Last week they told me how he walks around pushing the cribs all over the room.  Then this week they told me that he climbed on top of the baby dining table to get a cell phone.  They pushed the cell phone in the middle of the table since he was stretching so much to get it.  Then he somehow managed to climb up on top of it!  That boy loves his remotes and phones!!

Also this week, we've been working on some tricks.  I've been trying desperately for him to wave bye to me, but that's just not quite working, so I tried to come up with something he could do.  And that would be "drum".  I don't know if it's a coincidence, but now he'll bang his hands on the highchair a majority of time now when I say "drum".  I also tried to get him to clap, but his version of clapping is to shake his arms wildly up in the air (something he'd never done before until I showed him how to clap).  I caught him doing a little clap in the car one day, so we'll keep working on that one!

On Saturday night I was out of all baby food in the house.  I was out of sweet potatoes, green beans, yogurt, everything.  I had the stuff to make cheese toast, but he hates that (or at least when I make it).  So, in all desperation, I got Drew to order a pizza.  And that's what Chase had for dinner.  Here are the pictures:


Notice the big wet spot on his shirt.  That is because he can suck the water out of the sippy cup and then in the same breath while the sippy is still in his mouth, he spits all the water back out!  He does drink some of the water, but for the most part he thinks his sippy is a toy!

This picture is of him watching Yo Gabba Gabba (that, Fresh Beat Band, Cheerios, and yogurt melts are about the only things he'll sit still for) .  Also, it looks like the beginnings of Justin Bieber hair!  Uh oh! :)

No comments: