Monday, September 20, 2010

51 weeks


Just a warning to anyone who sees me over the next 8 days.  I'm an emotional basket case!  If you look at me wrong or blink or if I see or think about the number 28 or think about how my baby is growing up, I will cry.  It will be a messy, nasty cry.  I was thinking last week this was just a hormonal thing, but now I'm thinking I'm just crazy!  It's like I'm getting post-partum depression 12 months after birth.  Does that happen?  Is that even a real thing?  Because I'm starting to get worried.  Oh well...I'll just keep a box of tissues with me where ever I go this week and pray that I don't embarrass myself too badly!

Ok, on to the updates.  I'm forcing myself to update tonight so I don't forget anything like I did last week!

Last week I mentioned how I was trying to teach Chase some tricks.  Well on the 18th, he learned to clap.  It's super cute.  I don't have a picture, because it's kind of hard to take a picture of clapping, but I do have video, so we may be able to get that video up in the next 5 years.  He mostly claps when he's sitting in his highchair.  He kind of does it randomly, but when he gets started he'll do it off and on for several minutes.  I just say "yayyyyyy!!" every time he does it.

He's making a weird sound with his mouth that neither Drew or I can replicate.  It sounds similar to someone rolling their R's, but not quite.  It's funny to hear these strange sounds he comes up with!

He's starting to get picky with his food.  He loves his standbys - sweet potatoes, yogurt, and cereal, but he's starting to act picky around foods he used to like - green beans and chicken.  He doesn't really eat all his school lunches like he has been over the past few weeks.  He does take after Drew and I in that he loves his carbs.  Breakfast foods are his favorite and he even had one of my McDonald's pancakes on Sunday morning.  He thought that was awesome! 

We are starting the transition to whole milk soon.  We bought it tonight and gave him about an ounce to play around with during dinner.  He seemed to enjoy the few drops he drank, so maybe this transition won't be too awful.  I think we may go half and half the rest of the week with his formula and the milk.  I hope it goes well!

I think I've mentioned on here plenty of times about how Chase loves telephones.  On a side note, one of the only phone numbers I was allowed to dial as a kid was JAMJAM1 (that weather number).  I still dial it occasionally because I love it that much!  Anyways, when Chase plays with the phone, I dial JAMJAM and put it on speakerphone.  It's so funny to watch him with the phone when I do that.  He holds the phone up high in the air like a trophy while the weather guys announce the 5 day forecast.  He's so proud!  Also, I think we've had a few victims of Chase's crank calls this week (I'm looking at Mom and Aunt Melanie here!).  If you get a call from us and no one says anything when you answer, it's probably Chase.  He's pretty good at figuring out how to dial the last person who called us and we're not always the best at hearing if he's just pressing numbers or actually dialing someone.  So, we apologize in advance.  Just say "Hey Chase" and then hang up!

On to some (big) pictures.

Here are some with his walker that he loves.
 Making it look easy with just one hand!
 Taking a pit stop to play a bit!
 Back to business

I have to make a confession.  My little boy likes to play with dolls...Russian nesting dolls!  I have 3 sets and he loves shaking all of them.  I'm currently letting him play with the doll that my parents brought me back from Russia about a year ago.  I filled the doll with rice so Chase loves to shake it!
 He loves crawling around with a least one thing in his hands at all times.  In this picture, it's a remote in one hand and the doll in the other!
 Whoopsie! The doll rolled under the couch!


3 comments:

Gigi said...

The cutest pictures ever!

Emily said...

I am starting to feel crazier by the minute as well..I am worrying myself a little too! I can't believe he is almost 1!

Jennifer said...

Em, something must be in the air! I can't believe he's almost 1 either! I still remember exactly where I was this time last year (because time moved so slowly back then!). I think your mom mentioned to me that Ellie is starting to pull up on things. The fun times are about to begin! :)