Monday, September 27, 2010

52 weeks

Chase is 52 weeks old today!  Last weekly picture!  Let's just all stop and think about how monumental this is.  Oh wait, I don't want to do that, because then I'll get sad and no one wants that!

I figure I'd start this post out showing where we started and where we have come.

Here's Chase at one week old

Here we are today

Oh, I sooo miss him as an itty bitty baby, but he is so much fun every day.

For example, today was his very first day in "One Year Old" grade as I like to call it!  I dropped him off in the infant room.  He had breakfast there and then headed to the one year old class at 9.  Drew and I picked him up together this afternoon and we headed to the front door of the school and we see Chase staring at us in the window (he has low windows to look out of in the new room)!  He sees us and then starts smiling and beating on the windows.  I melted.  We go in the new classroom and meet his teachers (I immediately forgot their names...oops).  They said he had a great day!  He ate a ton (loves Goldfish crackers), took a two hour nap (!), he drank milk well from the sippies, and he played outside (I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall).  He was so happy when he came home.  I was a little taken aback by all the changes, but he was happy so I was happy.  It's like he went to school today as my baby Chase and came home a little boy.  This new class is going to force us to change up our daily schedules a bit.  He's no longer on the "eat every 2 hours" plan, so Drew and I are going to have to get something figured out by this weekend.  Also, even though he was super happy when he got home, he started to fade faster than normal.  We could tell he was ready to go to bed around 6:30 or so, but we were trying to keep him up until 7:30 for his last bottle.  I could tell that he needed to go to bed way sooner than that so I gave him the bottle at 7.  I think he set a world record for how quickly he drank that 8 ounces.  He was in bed very soon after that.

Also this week, Drew and I noticed something interesting about Chase.  When Chase is happy and playing, he tends to say "Dada Dadada".  When he's sad or upset or protesting, he says "Momm Momma".  What's that all about?  :)

We think Chase said the word "yay!" today when he was clapping his hands.  That's the word I say when he starts clapping.  I have it on video and I'll let you decide.  Look for that in the coming days if we can figure out how to post it!

Also, I have finally updated the weekly picture slideshow.  It now has all 52 weeks on it!

No comments: