So, my last post I said that Chase has begun eating off the menu at school! Ms. Bettie approached me one morning asking if Chase ate much table food. I thought I was in trouble since I was still bringing him cereal and yogurt everyday and not bringing him anything with a real texture! I told her we give him green beans occasionally and he's had lots of baby crackers which he does well with, but we don't necessarily feed him table food. This is primarily because I don't cook (unless you count my fantastic skills in making baby food, but I only do that about every 2 weeks!). Anyway, because he's going to be making the transition to the one year old room soon (enter long drawn out sigh here...plus a sniffle!) they wanted to start practicing breakfasts and lunches with him since that's what he'll be eating in that room. They are also practicing sippy cups with him.
Here's a picture of the menu.
They asked me to highlight the foods that I give them permission to feed him. I pretty much highlighted everything except for corn and oranges. I didn't highlight those because I remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't have corn or citrus until you're at least one. Oh, and I also didn't highlight the "Meatball" in Spaghetti and Meatballs. I'm sure they would have cut it up for him really well, but that just made me nervous! Sorry Chase, I'm sure it would have been a tasty meatball! :)
I love getting the little reports at the end of the day telling me what he's eaten. The first day was a sloppy joe! I don't know how they get 11-month-olds to eat sloppy joes, but he ate all of it! The only thing they've reported back so far that he didn't like was the peaches. He eats peaches with me, but they are pureed and in cereal, so that makes a difference.

No comments:
Post a Comment