Monday, October 4, 2010

12 month stats

We went to the doctor this afternoon for C's well-baby visit.  Here are the highlights:

He got his iron levels checked.  The finger prick hurt, but he did love the bandaid he got afterwards.  Iron levels checked out a-okay!

We got to overhear the two very dramatic kids gets their vaccinations in the room next to ours.  One kid screamed out that his mom was a liar.  The other kid just screamed out "please, please, puuuhhhleeeaaasseee!"  Hilarious (until it's Chase doing that).

Chase got checked out and everything looked fantastic.

Vaccination time.  4 different shots.  He hated them, but was all better when we sat him back up.  I think that was the most he's had at one time, because previously they've combined certain vaccinations into one super shot.  Lucky Chase though.  We get to go back next month for the second part of his flu shot! Yay!

12 month stats:
Weight: 24 lbs (75th percentile) - up 2 lb 6 oz from 9 month checkup
Length: 31.5" (90th percentile) - 2.5" longer than month 9
Head: 46.5cm (50th percentile) - 2cm larger than month 9

Chase had a rough day from my point of view.  I dropped him off in the one year old room today for the very first time.  He started bawling as soon as I sat him down.  I don't blame him though.  It's scary in that room.  You have Chase who isn't saying a word and who can't walk and who is just starting to learn to eat on his own in the same room with 10 kids who are in their "late" ones who can run and say words and follow commands and eat like a champ.  It's a little intimidating!  Of course in my emotional state, I started crying as well!  I think I've cried every single day I've been to daycare this past week.  I've officially gone looney!  Then when I picked him up for the doctors visit, he was crying again!  They said those were just isolated cries and he was fine the rest of the day, but I don't know how much I believe them!  Again, I'm crazy.  I totally think they are lying to me!

Also, I'm officially in my busy season at work (again) and now it's scheduled to last through mid to late May for me this year.  Oh joy!  I'm extremely apprehensive about what this busy season will mean for me being a pleasant, available mom since my job tends to stress me out beyond belief.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I survive!

No comments: