It's only been a week since I last posted, but there have been lots of new developments!
First, Chase finally started pointing towards the end of last week. That's a big 12 month milestone and I was a little worried when he hadn't yet done it when his birthday rolled around, but I only had to wait another 10 days before he started doing it. Luckily, he hasn't yet started demanding anything with that finger!
Also on 10/9/10, Chase took his first step!! I mean, it was the first one I had seen, but you know it never really counts until the mommy sees it for herself! He had taken step-like motions before, but this was the first time that he landed the step. He prompty sat back down on his bottom after that one step, but you have to start somewhere!!
We remembered this trick my nephew used to do when he was little with the telephone, so we tried to teach it to Chase one day. Chase picked up on it every quickly and thinks it’s so funny! When we say “hello”, he’ll put his hand, telephone, or remote (because really remotes do look like cordless phones!) up to his ear. Sometimes he’ll do it without us saying hello, but then we then promptly say “hello”! He just smiles! This has led to another milestone. We think another word! I’m not sure when these classify as real words, so I’m withholding calling out an official “first word”, but as of Sunday, we think he says “hello”! The first time it came out like a rushed “heh-yo”. Monday morning it just came out as “oh”. So now his words include dada, mama, yay, and hello! Fun times! See pictures at the bottom of him talking on the phone.
The dropoff at daycare has gotten much easier. Monday through Wednesday he bawled which meant I was usually crying by the time I got to my car, but then on Thursday I sat on the floor with him and played with some blocks until he got distracted and crawled off to another toy. No crying (by either of us)! Then on Friday, they were eating breakfast when I dropped him off, so it was a little out of our routine, so there was a little fussing, but the cinnamon toast made him better! Monday and Tuesday of this week have been easy again, so I think we are over the bad part!
When I picked Chase up from school this afternoon, he was acting strangely and apparently had only napped for a total of 30 minutes all day. He was zonked in my car, but I couldn't get him to rest at home. He felt really warm, his cheeks were flushed...I was getting worried. Then I felt them! I think he's teething again. Now it feels like the teeth on either side of his top, front teeth are coming in. I gave him some Tylenol to hopefully help him rest tonight...so far so good!
So here are some pictures from this past week...
The first one was from a little experiment we did on Saturday. We gave Chase a WHOLE Sister Schubert roll! He ate pretty much the entire thing and did really well! I watched him like a hawk the entire time, but he was just in heaven!




No comments:
Post a Comment