Sunday, October 31, 2010

13 months!

It's been a little over a week since my last post, but so much has happened since then that it feels a lifetime ago!

First, on Thursday Chase turned 13 months old!  I don't have a picture of his 13 month birthday because 1) it had been a long week up until that point, and 2) I can't take an in-focus picture right now to save my life!

13 Month Stats:
Unofficial weight: 25.4 lbs (He is drinking WAY too much milk!)
Clothing size: 12-18 month clothes
Shoe size: Same - Wearing size 5's.  Finally found some shoes that stay on most of the time!
Diaper size: Still size 3's, but we have had to put him in size 4's at night because of some wet pajama pant issues earlier in the month!  Worked like a charm!
Favorite toy: His Learning House, his phones/remotes, and his pianos/keyboards.
Favorite foods: Cheerios have finally been replaced by Goldfish crackers and graham crackers.  Hot dogs and grilled cheese are also high on the list.
Least favorite foods: I try to avoid foods he doesn't like, but I think green beans are still up there unfortunately.
Typical daily schedule: No change from 12 months.  Going forward I am trying to cut back on the amount of milk that I give him.  The doctor said last month he should be getting no more than 16 ounces of milk per day.  Welllllll.....I cover that quota all by myself and that doesn't count the milk they give him at school during breakfast and lunch.  I really don't know what the "right" amount is, but I'll try to figure out what works for him over the next week or so.
Words: Chase doesn't really say any of his words very regularly.  In fact, he'll go a week or so without really saying anything.
Teeth: His two new teeth just came in Friday or Saturday (officially, his upper right and left laterals...thanks Google!).  He's been much happier ever since!  That brings the total to 6!

Latest happenings:
  • Chase started walking (part-time).  He started this at like 5:30pm on 10/28, so at almost exactly 13 months and 30 minutes old!  Drew posted a video on Facebook that I'll need to post here of his first few steps.  I was so in shock when he first started walking that I couldn't move.  It was the most surreal thing I had seen in a while!  Only two days before he had taken at most 4 steps and then all of a sudden he took like 30 steps!
  • I spent my first night away from home since Chase was born and I survived!  It was only supposed to be one night away, but ended up being two nights away due to flight delays and horrible weather in Atlanta.  I was very happy to be back home.  I guess I hadn't really thought about it, but he did act a little strangely when he saw me again.  He didn't cry, but I sat with him in the backseat on the way back home (Drew was driving) and he looked at me strangely the entire way back.  I guess it could have been in my head, but it made me sad.  Hopefully, I don't have to go out of town anymore to experience that again.
  • Weezie and Chase are now best friends.  Weezie probably wouldn't admit it, but she's totally warmed up to Chase.  See, Chase has learned how to feed Weezie.  When Chase gets a snack of Cheerios, Chase will feed himself one and then he'll take one and lower his hand on the side of the highchair to feed one to Weezie.  Then he feeds himself one again, and then he feeds Weezie one.  It will repeat like this until he's all done!  He does not share Goldfish though.  Those are all his.  See below for a picture of Weezie getting an animal cracker.  As of this morning, they will also now play "keep away" with each other with Weezie's "yellow thing".  It was very cute.

  • After 3 weeks of slowly trying to teach him, Chase finally learned how to signal a touchdown during the AU/Ole Miss game on Saturday.
Other things I want to remember some day:
  • Earlier in the month, Chase would make us laugh by rubbing his bare chest in a "sexy" manner when we'd change him into his pajamas.  He was usually crying because he hates being forced to stay in one spot, but then as soon as we'd take his shirt off that he wore during the day, he'd start rubbing his chest with both hands.  Drew and I always got super tickled by that!  He doesn't do it as much anymore, unfortunately.
  • He's loving his daycare class.  I think he just has a ball all day long.  One of his buds from the baby class is transitioning in his class, so he's no longer the youngest!  Also, when I was out of town my mom told me a story of a little boy who came up and hugged Chase when she set him down on the floor of the classroom.  The little boy hugged Chase, then took the pacifier from Chase's mouth and handed it to my mother!  Just imagining that makes me laugh!
  • Speaking of his pacifier, I think he is more addicted than ever.  When he can't find the paci, he'll now even suck his thumb a little!  I'm thinking maybe sometime after Christmas, I'll start getting serious with making the pacis go bye-bye...maybe.
I have another picture to share.  On Friday, it was pajama day in his class.  We went out and bought some Halloween pajamas the night before (even though I don't know why I bothered because one of the kids had on Christmas pajamas!).  He was very cute in his PJs!  I did want to show though how filthy he is when he comes back from school.  That afternoon he had eaten a frosted cookie in celebration of Halloween and it was ALL over him!  You can't really get the full effect of all the cookie on his cheeks!

No comments: