I figured I should do a mid-month catch up before Chase turns 14 months old! I've taken zero pictures so far this month (I'm not counting cell phone pictures because those will probably never really be saved anywhere). The picture below is the one picture from my phone that I had to keep because it makes me laugh so much! He just discovered these little cups that were hidden in the bottom of a toy basket and he is obsessing over them a little. He walked around the living room with this in his mouth for a good 5 minutes!
So Chase started walking just a couple of weeks ago and he is REALLY good at it now. In fact, I rarely see him crawl anymore (he's maybe 70% walking and 30% crawling/cruising). Seeing him crawl now seems weird. He's getting faster and steadier. He can stand himself up and begin walking now without any assistance from anything besides the floor! I still can't believe how fast these milestones come along and how fast they can master them!
Chase still isn't saying much of anything. He's gotten really vocal in the past week or so, just shouting out gobbledegook and "mama" and "dada" and "nine-nine" (??). He understands a lot though, but he hasn't felt the desire to say anything yet!
Our current games include peek-a-boo which has always been one of his favorites; saying touchdown and him raising his arms, which is usually followed by him clapping and saying "yay!"; and him placing both hands over his ears which means my response needs to be me saying "Aaaggghhhh"! He'll usually do that at least a good 8 times in a row!
His Learning House is still one of his favorite toys. The toys I've seen him obsess over more recently include his blocks and shapes that he likes to drop into any random container. Once they all are in the container, he will dump them all out and start over. This boy definitely has an opinion on where you place these little shapes. His Learning House has some spots where you can place these little shapes. Whenever I find one of these pieces lying around, I always scoop it up and place it into the corresponding spot for that shape. If Chase sees me, he beelines towards that shape and takes it out of the hole. Under his reign, no shape will stay in its spot. Neither will the letters stay in their proper home - the mailbox. It drives me batty! It's a constant battle we have going on in our house! :) He also has started loving his little chair I got him on his birthday more and more since he's been able to walk. He loves walking over to it and just falling face first into the chair and then proceeding to roll over the arms of the chair onto the ground. He's definitely keeping me on my toes!
Also last week, I finally got a chance to go to the new Mellow Mushroom that made its way to town. Thankfully this time it didn't have a 1 hour wait for lunch like the last time I tried to go! Anyways, I mention this because this was the first restaurant that treated Chase like a real life kid! I mean other restaurants have acknowledged Chase before, but MM actually gave Chase crayons and a coloring menu and a plate! Chase deserved his treatment like a kid though. He screamed out during lunch several times because as we gave him little bites of our pretzels and pizza, he would get so excited and want more and more and more! He was our little piggy that day! As we left the restaurant, I looked back at our table and we had broken crayons and bits of food all around where we were! I told Drew that I think we were officially THOSE parents now! Fun times at restaurants are just beginning!
No comments:
Post a Comment