Saturday, November 27, 2010

Weekend of Tears

Last weekend was something else! 

It started rather early for us all.  On Thursday afternoon, I got a call from C's school that said he had vomited, had a potential stomach virus, and to pick him up ASAP.  I got there as fast as I could and I see the Director giving me a sad face.  She then rushed to a closet to get clothes because she thought C was naked.  I was thoroughly confused and then went into C's room.  He was being held by his teacher and was in his backup outfit.  Then I saw that he had thrown up all over his backup outfit too (that's why she thought he was naked)!  I passed on trying to get him into clean clothes because he was super duper smelly and likely to get sick again at any moment, so I just wanted to rush him home.  So they handed me one baggy of his dirty clothes and one entire trashbag with his nap blanket which I later discovered was DIS-GUST-ING!

I thought I was handling things rather well.  I was remaining calm on the ride home.  Then as I was making one of the last turns before I reached our neighborhood, I heard C throw up in the backseat.  I still have him rear-facing in my car, so I couldn't see what was going on, but it sounded awful.  I'm still a little traumatized by it!  I was trying to calm him down as he was starting to cry, but since I was freaked out, it came out more like I was yelling at him.  I knew I needed backup at that point, so I called Drew and told him to please rush home after work.

Once we got home, I felt better and we could get cleaned up, call the doctor's office, and try to rock and cuddle this virus away.  Chase felt awful though.  It was weird seeing him with this type of illness (a first for him). Per my conversation with the doctor, the only thing I could really do for him was give him a teaspoon of water every 10 minutes, and boy that was Chase's favorite time of the entire day!  I let him sneak other sips during the day if he felt well enough to walk over and take his cup off the table.  He would smack his lips and say "ahhhh" each time! It was very sweet!

The virus was mostly bad just Thursday, but kind of lingered on through Saturday morning.  That weekend poor Chase was sad.  At first we thought it was just the virus, but then we think he was teething really bad as well.  Here are some pictures that will melt your heart...and probably make you laugh (like it did us):



It was hard trying to find something to cheer him up.  We relyed mostly on snacks since his appetite for real food was still limited.  Here are some pictures with some cheese puffs that he adores.

 Just for good measure, here are some more sad pictures from the weekend.  Honestly, all weekend long it was like this!  Poor baby!

Of course, Drew and I each felt like we were getting the same thing that weekend, but then never did....well until Monday for me.  And then Drew had more of a cold later in the week. Glad that is now all behind us!  Chase was a ahead of the sick trend at school.  A majority of the other kids got sick after him, so at least we're all now immune for the rest of the season (hopefully!).

No comments: