Saturday, April 16, 2011

Practice Made Perfect!

Chase took part in his first "official" Easter egg hunt this morning.  I was constantly debating between the Bartlett hunt or the Germantown hunt.  I ended up choosing the Germantown one because they advertised they had age specific hunts, although I should have guessed that Bartlett had the same thing.  We'll try out Bartlett next year! Can you tell I have major guilt for dissing my own city's egg hunt!!??  I totally do!

The weather this morning was totally nothing like you would expect for an egg hunt.  48 degrees with 15mph winds!  Brrrr!  But we bundled up and made the best of it!

Most of the activities they had at the Germantown Festival were for kids older than Chase, so we parked and went straight for the egg hunt which started at 10:30 for the 2 and under crowd.  As we got onto the baseball field where they had all the eggs and more people started getting in place, we looked around and noticed tons of kids who were older than 2!  I was getting a little nervous at that point.  I even had some of our own eggs in my diaper bag just in case Chase didn't get anything! :) 



After they let us go, lots of the older kids ran towards the back fence scooping up eggs along the way.  Luckily, those kids left a little trail of unclaimed eggs along the way!  It's funny because I don't think we went much farther than 6 feet from where we started...we didn't cover much territory in this hunt!  Chase picked up 19 eggs and by the time he picked up his last egg, we looked around and the ball field was pretty much empty!  Some kids had like 5 gallon sized easter baskets overflowing with eggs!!  Those must have been really advanced "2" year olds! :)  The sad part was he was really getting into the hang of it towards the end!  We dumped out his basket when the field emptied and let him pick up his eggs again!






After the hunt, we stopped by the little petting zoo they had.  He got to pet a chinchilla, look at some baby chicks, and look at some goats (MY FAVORITE!!), a llama, and some sheep.




We did not stop by to visit the Easter bunny...because I think big bunnies are creepy.


Worn out!  After a 3 hour nap, he woke up and still loves his eggs!  He likes to dump them all in his lap and just touch all of them!  I have a feeling we'll be playing Easter egg hunts all month long!

No comments: