Sunday, May 15, 2011

19 1/2 months!

I wasn't really planning a 1/2 month post, but it's a lazy Sunday and there have been lots of things I've forgotten to write about over the past couple of months, so now is a good time before I totally forget everything.
  • Chase loves his riding toys...his firetrucks, his wagon, his police car.  For a while there he could only move backwards in them.  Over the past month or two he figured out he can move forward too!  He's an awesome steerer too!  He also loves his push toys - his popcorn popper thing and his popping lawnmower!
  • As of yesterday, he has a new random word.  Apple.  He said it for the first time as we were walking through Target.  Being the sucker I am, I then went and bought him random crap as a reward that he doesn't care about.  Last night he woke up around 1 AM and refused to go back to bed.  He came into bed with us and proceeded to be hyper and crawl around on the bed on top of both Drew and me until sometime around 3.  Sometime in the middle of the night, he just starts screaming out "Apple!".  I don't think he knows what apple means.
  • Also last night, he wubbled my arm (what "normal" people call raspberries!).  We had a good laugh about that.  Heck, there's nothing else to laugh about at 3 AM!  I also got a good laugh when he crawled over to Drew and started beating his back like a drum!
  • Chase laughs spontaneously in the car and it's just the cutest thing ever.  Also in the car, he will say "ahhh!" when prompted (similar to when you just drink a big glass of water and you are so refreshed you say "ahh!").  It's very sweet, but he only does it in the car!
  • He LOVES Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets.  I also let him try their lemonade fully thinking he wouldn't like it because it was sour (and then there would be more for me).  Boy was I wrong!
  • Apparently he loves one of his classmate's moms and he hugs her everytime she picks up her own son.  I don't know how I feel about this yet.  He also blows kisses to the daycare teachers when he leaves in the afternoon.  He doesn't do this to me though. :(
  • I bought him a game on my iphone that he really likes.  It's called Peekaboo Barn.  It was funny to see him finally realize how the touchscreen worked the first time we played that game.  The problem though is that he LOVES to press the home button on the phone, so when we are playing a game, he can't help himself and he presses the home button and closes out the game...and then he cries.
  • Speaking of crying, when he has his now daily little tantrums, he collapses on the floor each and every time.  It starts with a drop to his knees, which is immediately followed by him falling to his stomach, and then placing his forehead on the ground and then lifting his arms up off the ground by his sides!  It's very dramatic!
  • Chase likes to go "fishing" in my bedside table drawers!  He can't see into them, but he can open them and reach into them.  My side of the room is a constant mess because of this.  He can also clear countertops now because he's grown so much.  We had it made for a while because we could sit stuff on the countertop about 5 inches from the edge and everything would be safe.  Nope.  Not now!  He will resort to pulling up on the countertop and scaling the cabinets if need be!
  • Starting just a few days ago, we are now sleepsack free!  He now just sleeps in regular PJs and a blanket.  Though there is nothing cuter than him walking across the room in a fully zipped sleepsack!  He waddles like ET!
I suppose this list is random enough for one posting!  Good night!

No comments: