Saturday, May 28, 2011

20 months!

Here we are again.  Now we're at 20 months!  I think I will need to end these monthly updates soon.  Maybe after the second birthday.  But what should I do after that??

Here's my little man today


As I mentioned earlier, we've entered the terrible twos, or as I have been referring to them, the "terrible twenties" due to the timing of their appearance!  Chase is always ready for a meltdown.  He never quite knows if he's happy or sad, and it changes quickly.  He screams preemptively at anything - just in case!  He's mastered the quick flop to the ground.  Tears are ready at the first sound of N in the word "no".  He always has one eye on me when he has these little meltdowns.  I try my best to ignore him, but usually I'm laughing at him.  This I'm sure will require him to have therapy some day.  I can empathize with him during all of this though.  I was doing the same thing during puberty! :)

20 Month Stats:

Unofficial weight: 30 lbs
Clothing size: Same as last month
Shoe size: We've finally moved on from his size 6 tennis shoes.  He had worn them so much the velcro wasn't sticking anymore!  Now we have size 6/7 Crocs, size 7 dressy sandals, and size 8 everyday sandals.  I have NO CLUE what size his actual foot is!
Diaper size: Made the move to size 5.  They are so roomy! (Mommy likes roomy diapers because it masks the fact that she's still not very good at changing diapers!)
Favorite toy: He's getting more into cars and trucks (but just barely).  Making a mess is one of his favorite things.
Favorite foods: Chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, anything with garlic, crackers, cookies...all the good stuff!
Least favorite foods: Oatmeal...hates it!
Words: He's still not regularly talking.  He'll say something about 3 times and then we'll never hear it again.  Today he tried to say "Auburn".  The list of words you'll hear coming out of his mouth any given day now include: Mama, Dada, Hi, Bye, Yay, Elmo, Dog (rare), Bubbles, Ball, Apple, Shoe, Dish (we don't know what this means - "this" or "yes"?  but he says this when I ask him if he wants something or if he tries to hand me something).  The teacher at school claims he said her name once.  He loves to say words just once just to tease us!
Teeth: No new teeth, but surely these canines are going to come in soon, right??
Daily Routine: About to change a little now that Daddy is home for the summer!  I'm a little sad I won't be dropping him off in the morning everyday!  Everything else is still roughly the same.  He's been taking monster 3 hour naps at school lately.  Growth spurt?

Happenings this month:

We moved the high chair upstairs and bought a booster seat, so you'll no longer see pictures of him in his little owl chair!  We ended up doing this because he was climbing into his high chair all by himself.  We thought we were preventing danger.  Now he has just focused all his attention to climbing the kitchen chairs and trying to lean over the backs (trying to tip them over!).  You can't take your eyes off him for a second!

Chase had some sort of a stomach virus last weekend most of last weekend.  Poor thing threw up in Babies R Us.  Both Drew and I tried to "catch" it when it happened, but we were relatively unsuccessful.  All we did was end up one hand covered in sickness!  Unfortunately at the time we had a basket full of heavy, oversized baby gates.  It was nearly impossible to push the basket with one hand from the very back of the store to the front of the store where the restrooms were.  The entire time we were trying to navigate the basket to the front of the store, we were also trying to not let other people see that Chase was 1) covered in throw up, and 2) still retching.  We were quite a sight.  Also, FYI, Babies R Us does not have paper towels in their bathrooms and wet, cheap toilet paper does NOTHING.  It was a stressful moment, but it's funny now that we are looking back on it.

He took a school picture on Thursday.  We are obviously ordering it and I'll post it.  It's a picture of the entire group of the "Tumbling Turtles".  It's pretty funny and what you would expect trying to get 10 one year olds to take a group picture!  Speaking of school, he's a little helper there and they always only have great things to say about him (which is great considering all the meltdowns he has a home and the meltdown he has every morning when I drop him off!).  They always say that he is always on the go and that we named him right because they are always having to chase him!  His teachers right now are Ms. Bridgett, Ms. Jackie, and Ms. Erica.

Chase walks around with his hands behind his back and it's PRECIOUS!

Here's some other pictures from today.  This first picture makes me wonder what it would be like if Chase were twins! OMG!  It would be precious, but I would be worn out!



This picture is awkward, but hilarious to me!


He's pointing to our neighbor here as she drives past.  I'm terrible.  I can't remember her name and I just met her on Wednesday!


No comments: