Sunday, August 28, 2011

23 months!

Next to last monthly update!  We have a crazy 23 month old running around our house, jumping from one piece of furniture to the other!


23 Month Stats:

Unofficial weight: approximately 32 lbs
Clothing size: Same as last month.
Shoe size: Same as last month.  We bought him much bigger socks though because his old ones looked like they were cutting off his circulation.  He's in 4T-5T socks now!
Diaper size: Same as last month.
Favorite toy: Buzz Lightyear.  Most favorite toy ever!  Never puts it down and has a tantrum if he separates from Buzz.  And it's been like this for a month now!
Favorite foods: Chicken nuggets, cheese, apple juice, animal crackers.  He's an official toddler now that he finally LOVES apple juice!
Least favorite foods: He hasn't been too picky.  His appetite has been huge lately!
Words: No huge change from last month.  I can see the wheels turning in his head though.  When I say something funny to him that he wants to repeat, he'll stop and think about it and almost whisper an attempt, but the words don't quite come out.  Obviously this is something that will be talked about with his doctor visit next month.  He's just so sweet though.  There is no frustration on his part with us because of a lack of communication or understanding.  I think he's just taking his own sweet time!
Teeth: No change since last month
Daily Routine: No change since last month

Latest happenings

Sometime over the course of the past few weeks, he started to develop a love for trains.  Or as he calls them "choo (long pause) choo"'s.  He also loves to point to the airplane in his picture book.  I don't think I've mentioned this before on the blog, but he loves the logos and emblems on cars.  He's always touching the trunks and fronts of people's cars trying to touch the Honda or Toyota logos.  I always get a little freaked out when he does that to any cars but our own!

He got promoted to the 2 year old room in Sunday School today.  Such a big little boy!  Apparently they learned about Noah today!

We've developed a little routine in the morning that helps my sanity and has reduced the amount of tears that I have to see every morning (although sometimes there are still a few).  First we have to hide Buzz Lightyear.  If he catches a glimpse of Buzz in the morning, the day is shot!  Chase's least favorite part of the morning is his diaper change and getting dressed.  I've helped that my grabbing a few animal crackers or goldfish and taking them with me when he gets changed.  He lays down in the floor on our designated "changing blanket" and I give him just enough goldfish or crackers to keep him happy while I change his diaper and get his pants, socks, and shoes on.  The tears usually start when I then try to put his shirt on.  I don't know why, but he hates that part!  Once we get to school, I sometimes let him try to walk into daycare, but he never walks past the second set of doors.  Instead he just wants to run from one side of the hallway to the other and point to the apple pictures, say apple, and then laugh at me trying to get him to move any further!  I pick him up and then walk him down to his classroom.  As soon as I get to his classroom, he puts his head on my neck and pretends that he's sad or shy.  His teacher, Ms. Melanie, then walks up to us, says Hi Chase, and then he quickly flings himself to her so she will take him in her arms.  He then waves bye to me and never looks back.  EVERY MORNING!!

He gives me the sweetest kisses one or two times a day straight on the lips.  Most of time he gives them to me in the morning after he gets done drinking his milk and we are watching Curious George together.  I just live for those kisses!!  I've been trying to get Drew to ask for them more often so he will get some too.  I think he finally got his first one yesterday! Poor Drew just isn't home when Chase is his most cuddly!

Speaking of Curious George, I've almost dumped Nick Jr all together.  Chase doesn't love, love Fresh Beat Band anymore (although the occasionally episode one a month makes him smile!) and they've changed their morning schedule up so only really boring cartoons are on from 6:30 to 7:30am when we might be possibly watching TV.  So PBS has come to the rescue!  It's our ritual now that we watch Curious George every morning at 7 (give me a few minutes to dry and straighten my hair!) and then we watch the very beginning of Cat in the Hat so he can listen to the Go, go, go song if we have time.

No comments: