Wednesday
Drew and I were off work and Chase was in school. I have no recollection of this day at all except for a haircut I had late in the day. Magical.
Thursday
Thanksgiving lunches with both sides of the family. Food was delicious however, unfortunately my pregnant belly doesn't hold as much food as an unpregnant belly. I could only manage an additional helping of dressing. Sherrie and Patrick - I need that recipe. It was delicious!!
Chase went the whole day without a nap and did fairly well. We tried to put him down for a nap at 10am, but that was a big fail. Between lunch #1 and lunch #2, he literally caught about 1 minute of sleepy time. He didn't really eat the entire day. I think his Thanksgiving lunch consisted of milk and rolls (he's been VERY picky lately). For dinner, we stopped by McDonald's and got him some familiar food (nuggets and fries) and he gobbled it up before an early bedtime!
Friday
No Black Friday shopping for us, unless you count one puzzle I bought Chase on Amazon. Instead we took Chase to see his first movie - Puss in Boots. He did very well considering he was one of the youngest kids in the theater. He talked a little during the previews and "wagged" his finger at the green rating screens during the previews (for some reason, he wags his index finger a lot at TV's lately!). He doesn't quite weigh enough to keep the movie seats in a down position. He had to sit on the edge of the seat or he would scoot back and say "Weee" each time he seat started closing on him. He held my hand during the first part of the movie while saying his words when he saw them on screen. Moon. Mooooo (for when he saw cows and boars). Duck. When he got restless, we gave him snacks or Drew held him in his lap. Drew got lots of kisses from Chase during the movie. I was jealous.
Here's a picture taken before the movie started.
Saturday
We started decorating for Christmas. Drew brought the tree downstairs the night before and I started on it shortly after waking up. I SLOWLY put the tree together (I wasn't feeling it!). Chase likes to grab the ribbons off the tree this year and he's broken just one ornament so far. I've already ordered another corral type baby gate for the tree this year (we are using the one from last year to block the dining room and stairs). Drew put out the inflatables. We don't have any other lights going on this year so far like we usually do.
Later in the day during the AU/AL game (which ended like we expected), I started "nesting". I cleaned random drawers in the kitchen and I created a home management binder to help us keep track of all the various things going on and I created a cleaning schedule and a dinner plan for the week (I was going to do it for 4 weeks, but I ran out of ideas by the time I got to Wednesday).
Chase was a WILD man all day on Saturday. He had tantrums randomly throughout the day. Luckily unlike the past several Saturdays, Drew was home with me to help (thank goodness graduate school ends for good for him next week!!!). Chase learned to get a running start and fully clear the sofa in our living room when jumping on it.
Sunday
Nothing interesting to note on Sunday. Drew and Chase went to church while I cleaned the bathroom. Chase and I took naps during the day and overall it was a relaxing, cold, rainy day!

No comments:
Post a Comment