Friday, December 23, 2011

30 weeks

The way I'm updating this blog, I probably won't have another baby update before this child gets here. 

Here's a 30 week picture.



This picture just shows you the difference 3 years, 10 extra pounds, and what staying up til 1:30am in the morning most weeknights does to a person!!

I haven't compared my weight gain with Chase and Cooper in a while, but I think I'm gaining more this time.  Apparently sometime over the past month or two, I gained like 7 pounds in a one month period.  Then at my last doctor's appointment, I had lost a pound.  Overall though, I've gained almost 28 pounds I believe (as of today anyway...I'm 31 weeks today).  I've been so tired and so overworked though that I just eat about anything and everything when I get a chance to sit and chill out.  That's not a terrific thing to do, but it's how I relax!

I passed my glucose test on the first try this time around, which is fantastic because that 3 hour glucose test was a NIGHTMARE last time (I was sweating and crying in the lobby of the doctor's office because I felt so sick!).  They did tell me my platelets were low.  By the way, never Google "Low platelets" and "Pregnancy" because only scary things come up.  My doctor doesn't seem very concerned and thinks they will be at an appropriate level during childbirth.  I'll still be having my blood tested at least every month going forward to monitor my levels.

I haven't done much of anything on my list to prepare for Cooper.  Since Thanksgiving my whole household organization thing has gone out the window.  It's just hard to find the energy to follow an even simple cleaning list when you don't get home until 9pm and still have several more hours worth of work to do when you get home!  So therefore I'm determined next week (my only remaining 5 days off until CCH gets here) to get everything in order.  Baby clothes and gear need to be brought out of the attic, furniture needs to be ordered, closets need to be cleaned out, baseboards need to be dusted, blah, blah, blah!!  Luckily Drew has now finished his Master's program so he will no longer be MIA on weekends and certain weeknights!!  We have lots to do!

No comments: