Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cooper - 5 weeks

A recap of Cooper's 5th week...

Coop's jaundice finally cleared up this week.  I'm not sure what his bili levels ever were because no one ever seemed concerned with it, but he definitely had some orangey skin and yellow eyes for a while!  My baby finally has white eyes!

Sleep around here is a night by night journey!  It's never good two nights in a row.  One Thursday night during his 5th week was particularly bad.  Crying for hours on end most likely due to gas, hunger, and/or being overtired.  Coop definitely has his period of fussiness at night (usually between 7pm and midnight), but when it stretches past midnight (or honestly, past 10:30), Drew and I get cranky ourselves!  Cooper rewarded us for that really bad night by smiling at me the next day!  Smiling without spitting up either!  The rest of the week, Cooper was cooing and laughing at Daddy!

Also this week his baby acne peaked and he got a heat rash on top of that!  Coop, you just happened to be born in the hottest year on record (and it's only April!).  We kept him in just a diaper for the better part of two days and the rash cleared up pretty quickly.

Coop is still spitting up...all the time!  I think we go through 10 or so burp cloths, and 2 or 3 outfit changes for each Coop, Drew, and me everyday! 

I'm still not sure Cooper's weight because our scale is saying he's just at 10lb, which would be a loss of about 4 or 5oz, but he looks bigger, so I'm not sure what is going on.  I think our scale must be screwed up.

No comments: