Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter!

We had a nice Easter weekend!  Chase couldn't participate in as many Easter egg hunts as we originally liked because we (i.e. me) couldn't get our (i.e. my) act together on those early Saturday mornings to get out of the house before noon!  I did manage to (barely) get myself out for the church Easter egg hunt this past Saturday.

Chase wanted nothing to do with the bunny.  Chase is more content running around and being our little free bird.  This was pure torture to him!

This may be the only year Coop enjoys the bunny as well! :)


While the picture is poorly composed and blurry (it happened in a split second...give me a break!), I did manage to get Chase and Cooper in a picture together with Chase smiling! :)


I got to meet Liz and Justin's new baby who is 3 weeks younger than Cooper!  So special!


On Easter morning, the Easter bunny left some goodies for Chase and Cooper.  I'll admit that Cooper's basket was pretty lame.  It had some bibs and 2 books in it.  I'm pretty sure the Easter bunny will make up for that in future years!!  Chase got a plethora of Batman goodies.  He was thrilled.  He received a beach towel, dinner set (plate, bowl, & cup), nightlight, and Batman band-aids.  He's never had a big bloody boo-boo before requiring a band-aid, so he doesn't know what they are yet, but we know he'll love them someday!

During Chase's Easter "nap" (him jumping on the bed upstairs for an hour), Drew and I found that he placed his Batman in his new Batman cup!  Too cute!!

After Easter lunch, I set up a little Easter egg hunt for C, P, and G.  Chase wasn't feeling the egg hunt because wanted to play on the swingset!  Drew managed to find him 6 eggs though!

Chase tolerated picture taking for about 2 seconds and then he bolted back towards the swingset! :)



This little rock wall caused me to panic a little when Chase became obsessed with it!  He managed to get up it once all by himself (with me spotting).

First time on a "big boy" swing!  It will require a bit more practice!

There were no family pictures because 1) I couldn't get our act together (recurring theme) and 2) no clothes fit me anymore (except for my tired looking maternity clothes) so I didn't feel like having my picture taken.  I felt bad that there were no pictures of Cooper, so on Easter night I took a little picture of him in his outfit, which managed to stay relatively spit-up free most of the day! Easter miracle!

No comments: