A recap of Cooper's 11th week...
Big developments on the sleep front this week. I'm debating whether I should post this as it will totally jinx us, but here I go...Cooper began sleeping though the night Monday (from 10 to 5:30 with not even a peep!). Not only that, but he's doing it not in our bed! That means I don't have to sleep all wonky and contorted at night anymore (who knew newborn babies could wiggle all over the bed chasing momma where ever she went!) and I get my pillow back! We still aren't following the correct sleep rules even with the new developments. He's now sleeping in his Rock N' Play and he's swaddled in his SwaddleMe. Since we had Chase, they say you shouldn't tightly swaddle the arms or something anymore. Whatever! It's really the only way we ever got Chase to sleep through the night, so we'll be doing it again with Cooper. With the sleeping through the night comes a whole new anxiety on my part. I wake up several times during the night wondering where he is (forgetting he's now sleeping by himself) or thinking he is dead since I haven't heard from him in several hours. Once I looked down at him Monday night and I thought I saw that his lips were blue. I FREAKED out, but it turns out it was just a shadow on his lips. Oh my goodness...I don't think I slept well the rest of the night, despite the fact that Cooper did sleep well.
Cooper still doesn't like lying down flat by himself, so the crib isn't a good option right now, but I'm hoping in a month or so we can try the crib again and he'll last longer than 30 minutes!
Cooper has developed this ear piercing scream that is just unlike anything else I've ever heard. Though it kind of reminds me of when I scream. It's very dramatic.
Coop likes looking at himself in a little hand mirror. He just smiles at the little dude looking back at him!
I always thought it was crazy when people said their kids liked diaper changes, but I think Cooper likes them too (for the most part!). He'll just smile at me throughout the entire change. I don't ever remember Chase liking them, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly since he hated it so much when he became an older baby.
His fussy times have changed from the 7 to 11pm range to around noon to 4. This makes me very ready to see Drew when he comes home from work.
He's still slowly losing his hair...and I'm starting to lose mine as well. Ugh! It's starting again!. I'm contemplating chopping my hair off this time around and buying that WEN shampoo. If anyone has tried it please let me know!
Also, Chase now calls Cooper, "Coo Coo". Very cute! At first Chase called him "Coo Coe", then "Coop Coo", now it's just "Coo Coo". Chase loves to touch Cooper's feet and say "Piggies" and "Wee wee wee".





No comments:
Post a Comment