A recap of Cooper's 12th week...
This week Cooper continued to sleep through the night. We had a few nights that could be considered borderline on sleeping through the night (i.e. waking up at 3:50), but I'll still count them because I got at least 5 hours of mostly uninterrupted sleep. Also, we have started a napping routine! It doesn't always work, but I have been able to nap most of the time from around noon to 3 if I swaddle him up and put him in the Rock N' Play. It's awesome. I almost don't know what to do with myself during that time. Sometimes I'm productive. Sometimes I just load the dishwasher, eat lunch, and then mindlessly play around on the internet.
He's been tracking objects really well this week. I keep Chase's beanbag chair in our bathroom so when I go to the bathroom and Cooper is fussy, I can place him on the chair so he can see me the entire time (sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't). One morning my shirt had been spit up on at least 5 times so I figured it was time to change. I set him down in the beanbag chair and then walked into the closet to change my shirt. As I was leaving the closet, I look down at Cooper and he is just staring me down! It caught me a little off guard that he wasn't staring at the light fixtures! I've then been noticing that he'll follow us around the room all the time!
He loves sucking on his hands. He likes his pacifier too, but doesn't love it. But when he gets his hands in his mouth, he is so happy! I've tried sticking his big toe in his mouth. He loves that too, but he's not coordinated to do that by himself just yet! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment