Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cooper - 16 weeks

A recap of Cooper's 16th week...

He slept in his own room each night this week (or at least began the night in his room!).  He slept in his crib about half the week and his Rock N Play the other half.  Around Saturday or Sunday, he decided sleeping through the night was for the birds.  He'd go to bed in the early evening, but then wake up at 1 (the absolute worst!), 3, 5, and 6 and then be up for a majority of the day.  I'm hoping this is just a phase!

I spent a good part of his 16th week at work at various trainings (and I'm not even officially off maternity leave yet...go figure!).  Both of us did pretty well.  Of course it was easier to leave him during the day because he was with Drew.  When he starts daycare next month, it'll be a whole different story.  I'll be so sad!  But I love Ms. Betty in the baby room and Coop will be on her side of the room in just a few short months.

Right now Cooper's big things are drooling (he's been doing this for several weeks, but it's getting progressively worse!), holding on to his feet (so cute!), and smiling and laughing at our stupid made up songs and silly voices.  He's been showing off his leg muscles too by standing up all the time.  When I burp him I have to be careful that he doesn't pole vault over my left shoulder due to him kicking off on my lap.  By the way, he is getting so big!  When did that happen??

As I posted on Sunday, we recently put him in the exersaucer.  He is showing that thing who is boss!  We put him in there and he can spin around and touch all the toys.  I don't remember Chase being like that.  Chase would just stand in whatever direction he put him and he'd only play with the toy directly in front of him.  Coop goes clockwise around the exersaucer.  Like Chase though he does spit up in that thing a lot.  He pretty much has to go in that thing with only his diaper on!

 We've noticed that lots of strangers come up to us when we are in public and ooh and aww over Cooper.  When we are in the grocery store we have lots of older women (and not so older women) stalk behind us and look at Cooper and then make inappropriate comments about how they want "to steal our bundle of joy".  I even had a man come up to me the other day at Chipotle wanting to look at him.  I don't remember this so much with Chase (with the exception of an incredibly uncomfortable dining experience at Dixie Cafe!) , but maybe it's because we didn't take him out as much.  It really doesn't bother me too badly, but I just find it weird...especially the old ladies at the grocery store!

No comments: